What Bowl might we get?

IStillLoveTheMs

Re: What Bowl might we get?

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:13 am
2010 Holiday Bowl W 19–7 December 30, 2010 2010 Nebraska Cornhuskers Qualcomm Stadium[A 2] San Diego 57,291 Steve Sarkisian
2011 Alamo Bowl L 56–67 December 29, 2011 2011 Baylor Bears Alamodome San Antonio 65,256 Steve Sarkisian
2012 Maaco Bowl Las Vegas L 26–28 December 22, 2012 2012 Boise State Broncos Sam Boyd Stadium Las Vegas 33,217 Steve Sarkisian
2013 Fight Hunger Bowl W 31–16 December 27, 2013 2013 BYU Cougars AT&T Park San Francisco 34,136 Marques Tuiasosopo (Interim)
Oh right.

I think I blocked the Fight Hunger out of my brain cause that's when Sark said he wasn't leaving, then bounced the next day.

Some good players on that BYU team... Kyle Van Noy LB for NE... Taysom Hill TE/QB for the Saints.

Man when u look at some of the players on these UW teams you just wonder how we never beat Oregon or weren't ever any better than a fringe top-25 team.

Probably cause Keith Price could throw for 5 TD's but fumble 3 times and throw 3 picks in one game. Oh and Sark's playbook consisted of 2 passing plays that both had to travel 40 yards cross field and relied on the wideout then breaking 7 tackles.

Bishop Sankey
Danny Shelton
ASJ
Desmond Trufant
Marcus Peters
Kasen Williams
Jermaine Kearse
Mason Foster
Shaq Thompson
Hau'oli Kikaha
Danny Shelton
Alameda Ta'amu

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Good old Seven Sarkisian. I wonder what this team would look like if Pete would ask him to come recruit and run the offense? I doubt he would have taken a guy who is a potential first round pick at QB off the field so he could run Wildcat with the 4th string tailback and tell me "remember, that play has worked before!" Sorry, I will not get over the way we lost leads against Cal, Oregon and Utah...and how we got our asses handed to us by a Stanford team that was basically fielding a team that wouldn't win the Metro League!

This staff needs a shack up...and if Pete isn't the guy to do it, then give the damn job to Lake, let Kwitkowkski run the defense and tell Jimmy to go find us an offensive mind! Anyone want to argue that Pete has done anything remotely CLOSE to getting us an offensive mind after watching our last two OC's try desperately to make the other one look decent on Friday night? OSU barely got 100 yards of offense against the worst Husky defense we've had in years, and Bush was a couple of big runs from Ahmed away from one upping him! Against an OSU team that hasn't exactly been balling out on defense! Disgusting....the lack of any talent at the OC position is KILLING me. Pete, figure it out. The only time we were decent was when Tedford was here to tell Smith "hey, dumb ass, don't call that fucking play!"

As for the Bowl game, I will watch, but it is going to take a lot for me to now have faith that this staff will lead us to a Bowl victory. The guy that used to motivate and game plan an under manned BSU team to big Bowl wins now can't take a talented roster and beat anyone that isn't a directional University playing us in the Kraft Mac n Cheese Bowl. And we have now come full circle. A middle of the road Pac 12 team that will go to a middle of the road bowl game and get whooped by a middle of the road Big 12 team. I wonder if a 350 lb offensive tackle will bust off a 30 yard reception against us again? The last time a Bowl game result was positive, based on the expectation going in....Tui was coaching them.

Maybe we will get lucky and the basketball team will be playing at the same time as the Bowl game. That made Friday night a lot more enjoyable, as I was already pretty buzzy by the time I actually paid attention to the football game. It was the next day before I even realized what an utter egg we laid on offense against the Beavers.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:22 pm

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:26 pm

And you know the NCAA without even blinking made that matchup. Good call on that one.