Two SEC teams in the play-offs, just like I told you

Michael K.

Re: Two SEC teams in the play-offs, just like I told you

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:05 pm
I think you are giving the SEC teams too much credit. Oregon should have beat Auburn They were up 21-6 at one point and held the lead the entire game until the last 9 seconds. Auburn was within one score of both LSU and Georgia. I don't doubt that Oregon would be the underdog against all three SEC teams but I don't think they would get blown out.
Auburn is to the SEC what we are to the Pac 12. We also ALMOST beat two of the top teams in the Conference...but we didn't. Losing to Auburn is not a badge of honor...it is just something that Pac 12 teams do because they are inferior. Not sure what will change that, maybe Nike and USC being able to pay athletes here soon?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:22 am

Well, The Ducks lost. Does that mean no Pac12 school can get into the playoff? That would leave Oklahoma as the only team that can prevent two SEC teams from getting in.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:00 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:22 am
Well, The Ducks lost. Does that mean no Pac12 school can get into the playoff? That would leave Oklahoma as the only team that can prevent two SEC teams from getting in.
Who cares. We have reverted to Ty Willingham status. I dont give three squirts of piss about the Pac 12's status. We wont threaten to play a Bowl game before Christmas for the next five or ten years anyway.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:56 am

The question is, can either Utah or Oklahoma pass Alabama now? Alabama has Auburn left on their schedule, Utah has Oregon, and Oklahoma has Baylor.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:48 am

I dont see a time that the Huskies are relevant nationally any time soon, so I couldn't care less if Utah gets a shot. The Conference sucks...the two best teams should have lost to us, and we just got dominated by Colorado. If the NCAA knew what was best for them they wouldn't even let a Pac 12 team in the Rose Bowl.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 am

What if they fire Hamdan and hire an actual offensive coordinator? They could be very good next year.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 am
What if they fire Hamdan and hire an actual offensive coordinator? They could be very good next year.
I think Pete has a lot to do with it. I know some people that have some inside knowledge from players, and the word I get is this season has been off since Spring. No fire, an odd feeling to it. I don't know exactly why, but I am sure there was some issues from the get go about the QB controversy that should have never been.

Two OC's have been hired in Pete's tenure, neither one of them had anything in their background to show they were qualified, and neither have done a damn thing since to prove they were qualified. Do you blame the underqualified guys that were handed a job they couldn't do, or the guy that handed them the job. I have lost faith that this will ever be even a good offense again. Sorry, spout off all the stats you want, the production has not matched the talent level since the one year Tedford was here. That is no coincidence.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:57 pm

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:56 am
The question is, can either Utah or Oklahoma pass Alabama now? Alabama has Auburn left on their schedule, Utah has Oregon, and Oklahoma has Baylor.
It will be easier for Oklahoma than Utah I think. They have the big name and the big time QB.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 pm

That's true. Also, i guess i left out that Oklahoma plays Oklahoma St first, and then Baylor - two ranked teams. That would likely put them past Utah and Alabama.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Well Alabama is out. Only questions left.
1. What does the committee do if Georgia wins.
2. If both Utah and Oklahoma win who gets the 4th spot.