Who deserves the most blame for this failure?

Who or what is most responsible for the state of Husky football?

Chris Petersen
57%
Bush Hamden and/or Jimmy Lake
29%
The players
No votes
Bad luck
14%

Total votes: 7

Sibelius Hindemith

Who deserves the most blame for this failure?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:18 am

This was another Stanford type of game for UW. The players are not buying in, and that ultimately falls back onto Petersen and the tone he sets.

Michael K.

Re: Who deserves the most blame for this failure?

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:18 am

Petersen is #1...because he refuses to hire anyone on offense who has ever had the job before. You watch Jon Smith call plays...still now? He still sucks, and he is better than Petersen's next hire!

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:01 pm

washington has consistently had strong recruiting classes, so it's not for lack of talent. from what I've seen from this group, the defense, which was almost completely replaced, has played reasonably well. The one consistent on this team is the utterly putrid offensive performances week to week. This offense plays well below their talent level - and that is 100% on coaching. Washington should be gunning for more than the Las Vegas Bowl, but coaching is holding them back. Peterson has to look in the mirror and take responsibility. This should be an 8-10 win team but the coaches won;t get out of the way.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:44 pm

I actually hope we lose the AC if it ensure Hamden is fired and CP is forced to completely reassess what he is doing like the Hawks did after the 2017 season.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:25 pm

I hope they lose to the Cougs as well as the mediocre opponent they face in the Roto-rooter Back-up Toilet Bowl or whatever bowl game they crawl their way into. That would almost force Cohen to do something.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:25 pm
I hope they lose to the Cougs as well as the mediocre opponent they face in the Roto-rooter Back-up Toilet Bowl or whatever bowl game they crawl their way into. That would almost force Cohen to do something.
I remember back in the day that teams who had crap seasons but were barely eligible used vote whether or not to go to a bowl game. They should vote and vote no.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:18 am
Petersen is #1...because he refuses to hire anyone on offense who has ever had the job before. You watch Jon Smith call plays...still now? He still sucks, and he is better than Petersen's next hire!
Speaking of whom, did you see what he did last night? Up 53-48 with 1:04 left on 4th and 4 at the Cougar 43 yard and the Cougars holding no time outs he went for it. One incomplete pass later, the Cougs were gifted 23-42 yards of field position and they scored the winning TD with two seconds left. It's one thing if it's 4th and 1 and the Cougs are holding a couple time outs, but just WOW, what a dumb decision that ended up costing them the game. Even in a shootout, why would you do that?

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:44 pm
I actually hope we lose the AC if it ensure Hamden is fired and CP is forced to completely reassess what he is doing like the Hawks did after the 2017 season.
I wouldn't go that far in hoping that the Dawgs lose the Apple Cup, I never want to lose to them. Bush should be gone regardless if they win on Black Friday. As for their bowl game, ESPN had them pegged to play in the Holiday Bowl a week ago against Michigan. We play them and it's going to be a fuckin massacre but after tonight's woeful game, I don't think they'll be going to San Diego for the holidays.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:41 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:58 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:18 am
Speaking of whom, did you see what he did last night? Up 53-48 with 1:04 left on 4th and 4 at the Cougar 43 yard and the Cougars holding no time outs he went for it. One incomplete pass later, the Cougs were gifted 23-42 yards of field position and they scored the winning TD with two seconds left. It's one thing if it's 4th and 1 and the Cougs are holding a couple time outs, but just WOW, what a dumb decision that ended up costing them the game. Even in a shootout, why would you do that?
Yeah, mind blowing. Watching us play them two weeks ago was a disgrace. The two worst play callers at any Power 5 school, and they are our last two. Crazy.

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:11 pm

Peterson sits at the top of the pile (pun intended) of the Dawgs football program and therefore deserves the blame for this debacle. Who knows, he may be just another white version of Willingham with a bad overbite.