Pete stepping down, Jimmy is in.

Vogelbomb

Re: Pete stepping down, Jimmy is in.

Post by Vogelbomb » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 pm

JAWA wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:07 am
Vogelbomb must be head over heels about this, although Petersen wasn't fired.

I do appreciate what Coach Petersen did during his six years at the helm of the Dawgs. I wished he won more than one bowl game though.
I am. Christmas come early. Kudos to Pete for doing what needed to be done. It is the MontLAKE era and I am here for it. Have never been more jacked for a new UW football coach.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 pm
JAWA wrote:

I do appreciate what Coach Petersen did during his six years at the helm of the Dawgs. I wished he won more than one bowl game though.
I am. Christmas come early. Kudos to Pete for doing what needed to be done. It is the MontLAKE era and I am here for it. Have never been more jacked for a new UW football coach.
I agree, but only because I believe Pete....his heart wasn't in it anymore. Lake will bring fire and passion, and hopefully an OC worth a shit.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Mike, Lake has got to be so charged up for this opportunity, he's going to KILL it. I think there's plenty that he wanted to do that he probably couldn't do with defense strategy, with personnel, with recruiting, etc. And now he's captain, it's his ship and it's time to go to sea. This team has so much talent on it and come Dec. 18 it's adding a bunch more. Even with Eason about to enter the draft, Sirmon has the game -- strong arm and mobility -- to lead us into the playoff with an undefeated year. This defense is about to be our best since Lake arrived.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 pm
JAWA wrote:

I agree, but only because I believe Pete....his heart wasn't in it anymore. Lake will bring fire and passion, and hopefully an OC worth a shit.
Did you see your guy Tedford stepped down at Fresno State? I wonder if he wants a job with a little less pressure and responsibility than head coach. Like maybe an O coordinator for a Pac 12 School? Or at least a consultant.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:28 pm
Mike, Lake has got to be so charged up for this opportunity, he's going to KILL it. I think there's plenty that he wanted to do that he probably couldn't do with defense strategy, with personnel, with recruiting, etc. And now he's captain, it's his ship and it's time to go to sea. This team has so much talent on it and come Dec. 18 it's adding a bunch more. Even with Eason about to enter the draft, Sirmon has the game -- strong arm and mobility -- to lead us into the playoff with an undefeated year. This defense is about to be our best since Lake arrived.
So we are going to go from 7-5 to 13-0 in one year :lol:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:36 pm

Peterson to the Cowboys? Not sure why a college coach makes sense in Dallas. Oh, that's right, Jerry wants to be able to think he's the smartest guy in the room.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowb ... t-in-2020/

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:30 pm
Did you see your guy Tedford stepped down at Fresno State? I wonder if he wants a job with a little less pressure and responsibility than head coach. Like maybe an O coordinator for a Pac 12 School? Or at least a consultant.
Kind of the devil you know. I sure liked our offense better when he was here. I realize John Ross was here, but really, Ross was the only guy to leave and we looked considerably worse the next year, IMO.

I am certainly excited. I did read something the other day talking about how close Garbers is with Hamden, and the rumor is maybe some of these offensive recruits won't sign at the early signing period now to wait and see what happens with the staff. With the QBs we have already in the system, and Huard coming in later, I am less worried about Garbers than I could be, but there are some talented offensive players in this class. Things will get very interesting the middle of this month!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:30 pm
Kind of the devil you know. I sure liked our offense better when he was here. I realize John Ross was here, but really, Ross was the only guy to leave and we looked considerably worse the next year, IMO.

I am certainly excited. I did read something the other day talking about how close Garbers is with Hamden, and the rumor is maybe some of these offensive recruits won't sign at the early signing period now to wait and see what happens with the staff. With the QBs we have already in the system, and Huard coming in later, I am less worried about Garbers than I could be, but there are some talented offensive players in this class. Things will get very interesting the middle of this month!
Tedford as new OC - Yes Please!!! start the rally cry now Husky nation. sorry, not sorry Bush.

re: the recruits, 247 and ST today sounding like we're still in good shape. like MK says, not worried about Garbers because we have so much ahead and behind him at that position. but AM more concerned about keeping his teammate Redman, the excellent blocking 6-6 TE with 61 catches this year. So for that alone i hope Lake and crew lobby hard to keep them. McMillan and OL sound solid, especially the line with that tight-knit group they are (reportedly), but crossing my fingers we dont lose Odunze. and who knows, maybe Lake's promo helps reel in Covington and Carlton - can use a bit more on that side again.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Something Brock said the other day that I liked was he thought Lake might bring in more uptempo. Can't remember what article I read, but Jimmy basically said "I know what is easy to prepare for and what isn't."

The funny thing, for us while Lake has been here, the offenses that give us fits dont run tempo...they maul us at the line of scrimmage in power run then beat us with big receivers and TEs. That is Cal, Utah, Stanford and Colorado this year....pretty much Cal and Stanford for many years. Oregon beats us on the ground too.

I have been saying all year we were too pass happy, and when we did pass we had weird shit going to less talented pass catchers.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:26 am

Is there any chance UW could plunder Memphis, Appalachian St, Boise St, Cincinnati, or Navy for a new offensive coordinator?

:lol: