Some good news

JAWA

Re: Some good news

Post by JAWA » Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:07 pm
Or Jacob Eason? I mean, seriously, potentially the best defensive player in the Country is being recruited by WSU as a WR...and that keeps them in the hunt? Tells me something about this kid. Doesn't sound like an OKG to me. Too bad, because I guess he is just a freak of an LB, which we need....but so be it.
The way I see it is if does end up at Wazzu as a WR, then he's going to have deal with what should be one of the top defenses in the Pac when they meet in the Apple Cup. It's unfortunate he dropped UW but it is what it is.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun May 05, 2019 10:19 pm

Sirmon's going to be a good one, so this is outstanding. I bet he gets more reps with the 1s in August than Haener does and slides into the backup role

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 06, 2019 1:42 am

Not there wasn't enough Jakes and Jacobs involved in the Husky QB saga but I just read that the Georgia QB that beat Eason out is also a Jake. :shock:

So there is Jake Locker, Jake Browning, Jake Haener, Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, Jacob Sirmon all QBs impacting UW. No woner Yankoff is leaving! lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 pm

There was an article in the times a day or so ago talking about the QB transfer issue and how it is good and bad, in some ways allows a kid to shy away from competition and in others allows them the same freedom their coaches enjoy. Then? In Sunday's times there were two letters to the editor. One saying this is a good thing and a way for kids not getting paid to get a bit of their control back and the other talking about how it just lets kids run away from competition!

Personally? I understand it, and if you have ever been the parent of a kid you feel isn't getting a fair shot? You would too. But, the Husky fan in me seriously wondered if we really wanted them both? I mean, if you honestly think you can't show the coaches enough to take over for Jake Haener? Do we really want that guy? Besides a few glowing remarks that made no sense by his coaches, has ANYONE seen or heard anything about Haener to make them believe he should be our backup this year and starter next year if Eason goes pro?

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:40 pm

So how does this portal thing work? When does the final decision need to be made? I'd like to see Yankoff come back and switch positions. The kid is an elite athlete. And could help in a number of different positions.

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Tue May 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Yankoff is down visiting UCLA. Could transfer and start there.

As far as my opinion on Smalls, id be shocked if he doesn't end up at Bama or Clemson

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:40 pm
So how does this portal thing work? When does the final decision need to be made? I'd like to see Yankoff come back and switch positions. The kid is an elite athlete. And could help in a number of different positions.
Usually QBs are very reluctant to switch positions. Seems QBs make a bit more money than average at the next level.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Maybe so but from what I have heard the guy has worse throwing mechanics than Tebow. you're not going to make any money if you suck.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed May 08, 2019 4:50 am

Yankoff's speed and athletic prowess in Chip Kelly's offense at UCLA - i dont think they let him get away to visit anywhere else. good thing dawgs just loaded up at LB.