Dawgs beat Ducks today for 4**** OL recruit

rockycola

Dawgs beat Ducks today for 4**** OL recruit

Post by rockycola » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:53 am

As long as it's not spam, there's a reason to peruse the Times on occasion.
By Mike Vorel - Seattle Times staff reporter

Washington just beat Oregon.

Granted, two of the Pac-12’s primary rivals won’t officially meet on Montlake until Oct. 19. But exactly three weeks after he narrowed his list of suitors to the Huskies and the Ducks, 2020 Valor Christian High School offensive tackle Roger Rosengarten announced a verbal commitment to UW on Friday.

“When we visited Washington, it was the best fit for me and I really liked the location,” Rosengarten told 247Sports. “I liked the whole coaching staff, loved everything about it and there was not one con to the whole trip. I liked both schools, actually, but the thing was that I felt I fit in best at one program. There are so many opportunities in Seattle.
“I’m so relieved. This recruiting process has been very good to me, but long. I started to narrow things down and I’m glad I was able to get down to one school. I can’t wait to get up there and acclimated with all the guys. I’m excited to play football and dive into the academics up there. I’m really excited for the future.”

UW fans should be excited, too. Rosengarten — a 6-foot-5, 275-pound two-way standout from Littleton, Colo. — is ranked by 247Sports as a four-star prospect, the No. 2 senior in the state of Colorado, the No. 11 offensive tackle and the No. 91 overall prospect in the 2020 class. Aside from Oregon, he also chose the Huskies over offers from Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Nebraska, UCLA, Utah, Miami and many more.

And, unsurprisingly, Rosengarten was that heavily recruited for a reason.
“I love him. I think he’s one of the more intriguing players out west,” said 247Sports national recruiting editor Brandon Huffman. “I think he’s a true two-way lineman. He’s clearly going to be an offensive lineman at the next level. But this is a guy who wasn’t just playing defensive line because he’s a big guy. He’s talented.”
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... al-oregon/
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

57reasons

Re: Dawgs beat Ducks today for 4**** OL recruit

Post by 57reasons » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Good get for the Dawgs - their first Top 100 player for this class - beating out a pretty good list of teams for him. Nice to see one on O after all the defensive talent brought in last year. Sounds like a McGary clone - similar size and playing both OT and DE in HS.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 pm

rockycola wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:53 am

Granted, two of the Pac-12’s primary rivals won’t officially meet on Montlake until Oct. 19. But exactly three weeks after he narrowed his list of suitors to the Huskies and the Ducks, 2020 Valor Christian High School offensive tackle Roger Rosengarten announced a verbal commitment to UW on Friday.

“When we visited Washington, it was the best fit for me and I really liked the location,” Rosengarten told 247Sports. “I liked the whole coaching staff, loved everything about it and there was not one con to the whole trip. I liked both schools, actually, but the thing was that I felt I fit in best at one program. There are so many opportunities in Seattle.
“I’m so relieved. This recruiting process has been very good to me, but long. I started to narrow things down and I’m glad I was able to get down to one school. I can’t wait to get up there and acclimated with all the guys. I’m excited to play football and dive into the academics up there. I’m really excited for the future.”

UW fans should be excited, too. Rosengarten — a 6-foot-5, 275-pound two-way standout from Littleton, Colo. — is ranked by 247Sports as a four-star prospect, the No. 2 senior in the state of Colorado, the No. 11 offensive tackle and the No. 91 overall prospect in the 2020 class. Aside from Oregon, he also chose the Huskies over offers from Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Nebraska, UCLA, Utah, Miami and many more.

“I love him. I think he’s one of the more intriguing players out west,” said 247Sports national recruiting editor Brandon Huffman. “I think he’s a true two-way lineman. He’s clearly going to be an offensive lineman at the next level. But this is a guy who wasn’t just playing defensive line because he’s a big guy. He’s talented.”
There are so many opportunities in Seattle.
Sweet sounds like he has a brain as well. So not many opps in Eugene??? Shocking.
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:08 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 pm
rockycola wrote:

Sweet sounds like he has a brain as well. So not many opps in Eugene??? Shocking.
For the record the Dawgs had the highest G.P.A. in the Pac last season beating out Stanford.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:17 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:08 am
D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 pm
rockycola wrote:

For the record the Dawgs had the highest G.P.A. in the Pac last season beating out Stanford.
should that be surprising? would think Stanford the highest ranked academics, thus the hardest to make the grade, thus the best candidate for lowest athlete GPA. or do they have grade inflation ? :)

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:33 am

57reasons wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:19 pm
Good get for the Dawgs - their first Top 100 player for this class - beating out a pretty good list of teams for him. Nice to see one on O after all the defensive talent brought in last year. Sounds like a McGary clone - similar size and playing both OT and DE in HS.
Good get indeed! Keep 'em coming, Coach Petersen and Co.!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:35 pm

This thread title applies anew again today, the latest edition being Myles Murao, #69 overall player nationally, #2 ranked Center, and also offered by the likes of Bama, LSU, SC, you name it. Has the feet and technique to play any OL position, played both Right and Left tackle in HS but pegged for C standing only 6-2 and with fellow 4-star Rosengarten already in the fold at tackle. Big draw was opportunity to earn starting position day 1 following Nick Harris' graduation. Considering that Harris pretty much did the same when he came in as a 2 star (at RG), no reason to doubt he could. :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:40 pm

57reasons wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:35 pm
This thread title applies anew again today, the latest edition being Myles Murao, #69 overall player nationally, #2 ranked Center, and also offered by the likes of Bama, LSU, SC, you name it. Has the feet and technique to play any OL position, played both Right and Left tackle in HS but pegged for C standing only 6-2 and with fellow 4-star Rosengarten already in the fold at tackle. Big draw was opportunity to earn starting position day 1 following Nick Harris' graduation. Considering that Harris pretty much did the same when he came in as a 2 star (at RG), no reason to doubt he could. :D
Saw that. Future's so bright I gotta wear 8-)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07 pm

So, the Huskies have verbals from two offensive linemen who are ranked in the top 100 overall players in the 2020 class? Looks like Huard is going to have a sick bunch of hogs keeping defenders out of his grill.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:28 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07 pm
So, the Huskies have verbals from two offensive linemen who are ranked in the top 100 overall players in the 2020 class? Looks like Huard is going to have a sick bunch of hogs keeping defenders out of his grill.
also have a very decent shot at landing yet another 4* OL in this class - Gariean Hatchett, an in-state guy from up north who is also highly sought after. He would slot at G to go with Murao at C, Rosengarten at T, and then there's the one 3* - Memmalaar - listed as a tackle but his first name is Gaard :?: Combine that with the excellent blocking prowess both TE commits show on their highlight video, and you have a very good selling point to Sam Adams, the top 200 overall halfback from Eastside Catholic. 247 is listing UW as the favorite for landing his services as well. probably doesnt hurt that his dad played here too. :)