New football unis to be unveiled next Wednesday

D-train

Re: New football unis to be unveiled next Wednesday

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 pm
I didn't really like the numbers on the Nike jerseys from last year. But, to be honest, it took my wife commenting on them for me to notice. I just don't worry that much about the uniforms. I loved the old school uniforms from the good old days in the late 80s and early 90s, but I didn't freak out nearly as much as some with the different colored helmets or the black jerseys.
Imagine going to a buddy's wedding with a group of guys and all of them started obsessing on what the Groom, best man and groomsmen were wearing.

You would be like wtf? I really don't see much difference. Macho dudes talking about what other dudes are wearing. I just don't get it. And I am a guy that would much rather watch a chick flick than an action adventure movie. Anyway, carry on.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Yeah, I always figured if the kids liked them, what difference did it make if the jersey was black or the helmet purple?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 am

Just honor tradition. It's that simple. Why try to out-do Oregon, a school without much history of success until an unscrupulous billionaire started financing it? Do Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Oklahoma feel the need to have 20 different uni combos in order to recruit successfully?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:05 am

I think it is more for merch sales.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 am
Just honor tradition. It's that simple. Why try to out-do Oregon, a school without much history of success until an unscrupulous billionaire started financing it? Do Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Oklahoma feel the need to have 20 different uni combos in order to recruit successfully?
You looked at our uniforms and thought "wow, we are trying to out do Oregon?" We have, what, 4 uniform combos? I highly doubt that is just ridiculous in comparison to the four schools you named.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm
You looked at our uniforms and thought "wow, we are trying to out do Oregon?" We have, what, 4 uniform combos? I highly doubt that is just ridiculous in comparison to the four schools you named.
No, i haven't even seen them yet. I heard some KJR guys talking about some of the "features" on them and it sounded a bit goofy. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:56 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm
No, i haven't even seen them yet. I heard some KJR guys talking about some of the "features" on them and it sounded a bit goofy. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
No duck feathers on the shoulders, no crazy colors, the only "feature" I can think of is the Adidas logo. Like I said, even that weird thing they did were they added color to the tip of the numbers last year is gone. They are about as regular as they get, IMO. Not sure who was on KJR, but when it comes to uniforms, I would say our's are now pretty basic.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:15 pm

This is part of the description that they were reading on the air...
Three purple stripes are positioned on both sleeve caps of the jersey and use an iridescent, dimensional film within the fabric to convey the look and feel of a king's velvet robe. The stripes on either side of the sleeve are left open, referencing the athlete's never-ending strive for greatness and room for growth, while a tonal rain pattern accents the twill numbers, giving a nod to the Pacific Northwest's infamous weather.
That's why I used the word "goofy".

I just looked at the pictures with the models (or are they actual football players) wearing the new duds. I like 'em.