Woof!

Captain 97

Re: Woof!

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 pm
Not sure Scott Jr is better than the WRs we ended up with. And yes, his dad is that big of a clown that it is a real possibility that the son was not an OKG.
I thought McMillan was the only WR commit in this class so far.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Not sure Scott Jr is better than the WRs we ended up with. And yes, his dad is that big of a clown that it is a real possibility that the son was not an OKG.
Probably, I don't follow it as closely as you do. I am just saying they have brought in some good ones, have good ones still to come in and more that are committing. I am not worried about Gee Scott Jr. Fine if he comes here, but if a local guy needs to go to Columbus, there might be a reason. I have also heard Gee rip on Chip Kelly. The dad just rubs me the wrong way, and no, I don't like Chip Kelly either, but what reason would Gee Senior have to go on the air and rip on the coach for UCLA?

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Nope, first to commit was Sawyer Raccanelli - a 3-star in-state who for some reason is listed as an "athlete" (aren't they all?) instead of WR (maybe because he's thought to be very good on ST). He's 6-3 and has drawn comparisons to other underrated local receivers like Cooper Kupp and Dante Pettis. probably lower profile because he played at small school. With his length, a good compliment to the speedster McMillan.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Probably, I don't follow it as closely as you do. I am just saying they have brought in some good ones, have good ones still to come in and more that are committing. I am not worried about Gee Scott Jr. Fine if he comes here, but if a local guy needs to go to Columbus, there might be a reason. I have also heard Gee rip on Chip Kelly. The dad just rubs me the wrong way, and no, I don't like Chip Kelly either, but what reason would Gee Senior have to go on the air and rip on the coach for UCLA?

You don't follow recruiting close enough to even know who we signed but you know enough to know they are better than the guy who is going to Ohio State. I think I'll listen more to the experts :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 pm

You don't follow recruiting close enough to even know who we signed but you know enough to know they are better than the guy who is going to Ohio State. I think I'll listen more to the experts :lol:
Like I said, I am not sure he is better. I am sure we are better off without a guy that doesn't want to be here. I guess you can listen to experts and I will trust in the guy that turned the program around and had us in how many Conference Championships and New Year's Six bowl games? Like I said, I buy into the OKG theory....sure seems to have worked for us.

Add the fact that he never showed any interest in this program and his dad is a toolbag? I will go ahead and believe that we will be just fine. By the way, the "experts" in Vegas just set our over under at 9.5 Wins. More than anyone else in the Conference. There are some more experts that aren't freaking out. You want a wall around the State, and the guy went to Columbus Ohio! I've flown there....it is a hassle. Maybe the kid just didn't want to be here and maybe our recruiting efforts were better spent elsewhere.

I think you are selling short the guys that are already here and that will be coming here.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:12 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
I lived in Columbus for three months during the National Championship season in 1991. Tis a shit hole.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:59 am

Well, now announced that Racanelli has a torn ACL requiring surgery so he'll miss his senior year and almost certainly redshirt as a freshman. No worries, on the short list now for other 4* wideouts Rome Odunze, LV Bunkley-Shelton. and Gary Bryant. and in the mixfor the #1 rated 2021 WR Troy Franklin.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:20 am

Dawgs get their second commit from the Lone Star State in the form of Cooper McDonald: https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 133863829/

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Gee Scott is a circus clown that literally cried on the air about Michael Bennett's BS story about being racially profiled by the Las Vegas cops. Good riddance.
Yeah, if the son is anything like his father, no loss. SR is a tool and a half.

Just looking at Jr, I'd say he'll get dominated by any solid physical corner. The guy is a string bean, probably allergic to iron. If he doesn't show some dedication to the weight room he's not going anywhere

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:01 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Gee Scott is a circus clown that literally cried on the air about Michael Bennett's BS story about being racially profiled by the Las Vegas cops. Good riddance.
Yeah, if the son is anything like his father, no loss. SR is a tool and a half.

Just looking at Jr, I'd say he'll get dominated by any solid physical corner. The guy is a string bean, probably allergic to iron. If he doesn't show some dedication to the weight room he's not going anywhere
:lol: At first I thought you meant he had an iron deficiency in his diet. Good stuff. lol The corn fed bruisers in the Big 10 will eat him alive.
dt