D-train

Who is the starting QB game 1

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:40 am

Who will it be?
dt

Michael K.

Re: Who is the starting QB game 1

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:33 pm

His name will be Jake. If it isn't Eason I will be furious. I saw enough of Haener against Cal.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:33 pm
His name will be Jake. If it isn't Eason I will be furious. I saw enough of Haener against Cal.
Agreed. my Duck fan friend has been teasing me all offseason with the suggestion that "Rudy" Haener may actually be given the keys to the bus, which i have always flatly denied. but just for the sake of our lost friend Roses, i will instead place my vote for KJ. ;)

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:12 pm

57reasons wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:33 pm
Agreed. my Duck fan friend has been teasing me all offseason with the suggestion that "Rudy" Haener may actually be given the keys to the bus, which i have always flatly denied. but just for the sake of our lost friend Roses, i will instead place my vote for KJ. ;)
It blows me away. Haener looks like something Eason would eat for dinner. It is one thing to be small, it is another thing to look like a Junior High kid out there. You have to love his heart and determination, but this guy makes Jake Browning look like Dan McGuire!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm

He's taller than Russell Wilson.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm
He's taller than Russell Wilson.
And about forty pounds lighter and runs the forty a day slower! Oh, and has half the arm strength. Not a good comparison. The twelve yard pass that he skipped six yards short for what WOULD have been an easy 1st down for any other QB in football against Cal pretty much soured me. Then he threw a BRUTAL pick. But yeah, I want Eason sitting down and watching Haener. Hell no.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:39 pm

I'm 5'11" and 165 lbs so you'll forgive me if i don't see Jake Haener as some kind of Lilliputian.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Brock and Salk conjectured this morning that though of course Eason wins all ties because of his physical upside, Pete needed to let it play out for PR reasons, #1 for the existing squad to have the confidence in him knowing that he earned it, and #2 to avoid setting a precedent for others to think they can transfer in (or out) and be handed a job. i think also he did it as a preventive measure to limit the media hype and fan expectations. That's all very smart, but doesnt work on me - i think he's gonna rock, especially with this talented line!
The exciting thing for me is what i read on a realdawg board where someone wrote that Eason had promised Pete he'd play for 2 seasons (not jump out after one). hope there's some truth to that.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:39 pm
I'm 5'11" and 165 lbs so you'll forgive me if i don't see Jake Haener as some kind of Lilliputian.
I'm 5'11" and 200 lbs, and took a dump the size of Haener this morning!
57reasons wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm
Brock and Salk conjectured this morning that though of course Eason wins all ties because of his physical upside, Pete needed to let it play out for PR reasons, #1 for the existing squad to have the confidence in him knowing that he earned it, and #2 to avoid setting a precedent for others to think they can transfer in (or out) and be handed a job. i think also he did it as a preventive measure to limit the media hype and fan expectations. That's all very smart, but doesnt work on me - i think he's gonna rock, especially with this talented line!
The exciting thing for me is what i read on a realdawg board where someone wrote that Eason had promised Pete he'd play for 2 seasons (not jump out after one). hope there's some truth to that.
Great point on why Pete is doing what he is doing. And outstanding news if Eason plays two years. I don't see why it isn't possible. Losing his job at Georgia and then sitting out a year hasn't really built up his draft stock. If he plays so well that he has no choice but to go Pro next year that really ins't a bad thing!