Eason is the starter.

Michael K.

Re: Eason is the starter.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 am
So what then does it say if it's true that Eason couldn't separate himself from Haener during practices? And if Haener was considered to be well ahead of Sirmon, what does that say about him?

I'm not feeling too good right now about the Huskies' QB sitch. :(
So, the QB battle was so close that Haener left? He realizes his only shot at meaningful football this year was an Eason injury, and he looked at the two behind him and the ones yet to come and realized this minuscule shot he was given this year would grow smaller and smaller each year.

He was given a chance, as the returning backup Pete gave him the shot he deserved. He lost. Name a time a Head Coach allowed for a QB competition, then announced the starter and proclaimed he was head and shoulders better!? You are reading WAY too much into this.

Jeez, he has come out and said he was looking into Mtn West schools, not Pac 12. Does that sound like a guy that fancies himself a Pac 12 QB?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Did anyone else find this shocking. I thought it would be a series or two.
The original plan he announced Friday was that Haener had performed well enough in the competition to earn playing time against Eastern. And it wasn’t to have been a token series, apparently. Speaking to Dave Mahler on KJR-AM on Monday, Haener said he was to have received “a quarter or two” of action.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:50 pm
Browning got a lot worse after John Ross left and Chico got hurt.
Actually his best two years for completion percentage were his junior and senior years. I don't think he got worse at all. They just didn't throw the ball as much because they had better weapons at Running back.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:17 pm
D-train wrote:
Actually his best two years for completion percentage were his junior and senior years. I don't think he got worse at all. They just didn't throw the ball as much because they had better weapons at Running back.
That was a tongue in cheek comment for the most part....
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:17 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:17 pm
D-train wrote:
That was a tongue in cheek comment for the most part....
Also completion % is a highly overrated stat in this age of bubble screens, fly sweeps and spread offense. The key is to put pressure on the defense, not vice versa, as too often seen of late. Preferably both laterally and vertically. Much better chance of that with the new current and future committed arms (possibly excepting Dylan Morris) than we've had for the last 6-8 years - even K. Price's arm wasn't that great - have to go back to Locker.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:38 pm

Its not like he threw nothing but bombs as a sophomore and nothing but screens as a senior. Jake only averaged 17 yards less per game between his senior year and his sophomore year. I think people overestimate what Jake did his sophomore year and that's why there is this idea that he regressed. He had some great games as a sophomore but he also had some stinkers. Actually if you look at his game logs he had 8 games in his career with a rating below 110. 3 of those games came his freshman year. 3 came in his sophomore year in and he had 1 each in his senior and junior years. Jake is what he is a solid decision maker with an average arm who took care of the ball and set school records for TD's and Wins by a QB. I think he is the most underappreciated QB in school history.