Eason is taking this team to the Natl Championship

Vogelbomb

Eason is taking this team to the Natl Championship

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 am

I told you all back in '17 when he transferred in. I love the way our freshman class is looking too. We added the DL depth we needed to complement the other stout areas of this roster. Cam Williams and Myles Bryant make our S group better than we had last year with Rapp and McKinney (that's how weak McKinney is/was). Kyler Gordon needs to improve but he will. Wellington and Manu might not be long for starting. They were bad today.

Just really like this team, guys. We're only going to get better week in and week out. Better get on board and ready for the ride now.

D-train

Re: Eason is taking this team to the Natl Championship

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:25 am

Ducks Coug it.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:46 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:25 am
Ducks Coug it.
They did better than the Huskies did down there last year. They were probably screwed by those SEC refs as well.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:46 am
D-train wrote:
Ducks Coug it.
They did better than the Huskies did down there last year. They were probably screwed by those SEC refs as well.
They lost 27-20 and we lost 21-16. I would much rather lose the way we did than they did blowing a 21-6 lead.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:56 pm

The helmet to helmet no call last year was brutal....and we played Auburn in what was basically a home game for them! They throw the targeting flag and we win...but the NCAA couldn't stand for a big bad SEC power losing what was virtually a home game.

How about that last play by darling Herbert. One play to win the game and under little pressure he throws it ten yards out of the back of the end zone!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm
D-train wrote:
Ducks Coug it.
They lost 27-20 and we lost 21-16. I would much rather lose the way we did than they did blowing a 21-16 lead.
blew a 21-6 lead. that game was eerily similar to the UW loss last year, with the Red Zone failures. Ducks dropped a wide open pass in end zone on 3rd and goal, then miss the chip shot field goal. then in second quarter could have almost clinched it up about 10 and going in to score again, when Herbert fumbles, picked up and returned 80+ yards by Auburn. like that team has some voodoo doctor cursing the opponents' end zone. :?

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:56 pm
The helmet to helmet no call last year was brutal....and we played Auburn in what was basically a home game for them! They throw the targeting flag and we win...but the NCAA couldn't stand for a big bad SEC power losing what was virtually a home game.

How about that last play by darling Herbert. One play to win the game and under little pressure he throws it ten yards out of the back of the end zone!
And we had Browning playing QB all game and no Adams. I'm surprised we even took it to the 4th qtr

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:26 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:07 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm

They lost 27-20 and we lost 21-16. I would much rather lose the way we did than they did blowing a 21-16 lead.
blew a 21-6 lead. that game was eerily similar to the UW loss last year, with the Red Zone failures. Ducks dropped a wide open pass in end zone on 3rd and goal, then miss the chip shot field goal. then in second quarter could have almost clinched it up about 10 and going in to score again, when Herbert fumbles, picked up and returned 80+ yards by Auburn. like that team has some voodoo doctor cursing the opponents' end zone. :?
No idea how I got that one in front of the six. I fixed it.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:56 pm

:lol: I never understand how a college or pro QB can throw a hail Mary out of the back of the end zone. That is literally not being able to throw it in the Ocean....or at least a pretty large pond. Endzones are 4,800 square feet!! lol
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:02 am
I told you all back in '17 when he transferred in. I love the way our freshman class is looking too. We added the DL depth we needed to complement the other stout areas of this roster. Cam Williams and Myles Bryant make our S group better than we had last year with Rapp and McKinney (that's how weak McKinney is/was). Kyler Gordon needs to improve but he will. Wellington and Manu might not be long for starting. They were bad today.

Just really like this team, guys. We're only going to get better week in and week out. Better get on board and ready for the ride now.
It was very generous of Jacob to purchase tickets to the National Championship game for all his teammates, as well as covering the travel costs. I hope they have a good time.