Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Michael K.

Re: Maybe we got too excited about Saban leaving?

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:09 pm

Lamda wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:21 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:06 pm
Lamda wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:47 pm
In Alabama he's almost assured of challenging for the title every year whereas here he'll be lucky to do it once every 5 years - lets be realistic guys. It would be a pretty hard job to pass up if they offered it to him - but he could just be using it as leverage to get a better deal with UW? Who knows.
I don't know about that. With the expanded Playoff, There is no reason he couldn't have the Dawgs in contention every year. If he isn't good enough to do that why would we care so much about keeping him in the first place?

Also if he goes 10-2 for a couple of years in Alabama, he will be getting death threats from the fan base and probably be shown the door.
UW should be in the top 25 every year but serious contention for the title?? You'll never out-recruit Alabama and some of those teams and you know it. Also you played in a weaker division and now going to a tougher one making the road to that contention all the more difficult. Not ripping on the team at all just saying you fans are a bit delusional assuming now you will be in the position you were last week on an on-going/regular basis. Even if your coach didn't leave as I said - you might make it in but you'll be a one-done and only make a serious run once every 4-5 years when the team really comes together. We aren't a big market, we aren't where top recruits/players want to come, etc. - this will always be against our State and the teams that play in it.
Do you honestly think ONLY making a serious run every four or five years is bad? That making the playoffs is somehow going to be frowned upon? Also, you watched the Pac 12 this year and thought it was a weaker division? Weaker than who? Michigan is not the entire Big 10. Georgina and Bama are not the entire SEC. Weaker than the fucking Big 12? I guess you didn't watch the Big 12 in the post season? Weaker than the ACC? Did you watch Louisville in the post season. Weaker than who!?

I agree Washington fans are delusional, but only in the fact that they think someone should turn down Bama to stay at Washington. Washington is a great job, but right now the only job that MIGHT be better than Bama is Georgia.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:42 pm

I kinda want Petersen back... ngl.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:42 pm

The first thing the UW program should do is propose home-and-away games against Bama and if they agree, play both games like the prison team from Necessary Roughness and get revenge. Seriously, DO IT.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:12 pm

A HS friend of mine on DeBoer's agent Jimmy Sexton:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.56 KiB) Viewed 337 times
dt

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:02 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:09 pm
Lamda wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:21 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:06 pm

I don't know about that. With the expanded Playoff, There is no reason he couldn't have the Dawgs in contention every year. If he isn't good enough to do that why would we care so much about keeping him in the first place?

Also if he goes 10-2 for a couple of years in Alabama, he will be getting death threats from the fan base and probably be shown the door.
UW should be in the top 25 every year but serious contention for the title?? You'll never out-recruit Alabama and some of those teams and you know it. Also you played in a weaker division and now going to a tougher one making the road to that contention all the more difficult. Not ripping on the team at all just saying you fans are a bit delusional assuming now you will be in the position you were last week on an on-going/regular basis. Even if your coach didn't leave as I said - you might make it in but you'll be a one-done and only make a serious run once every 4-5 years when the team really comes together. We aren't a big market, we aren't where top recruits/players want to come, etc. - this will always be against our State and the teams that play in it.
Do you honestly think ONLY making a serious run every four or five years is bad? That making the playoffs is somehow going to be frowned upon?
No - I think that's fine - but my argument was if he chose to go to Bama he could challenge for the title every year whereas here he would not. I was then rebuffed and said Oh no we're going to challenge for it every year here too if he's our coach and I was like - wow - you guys gotta wake up, lol.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:19 am

Fyi Alabama challenges every year not because they are Alabama but because of Saban. Here is the decade prior to Saban's arrival.

Three good seasons out of 10, never more than 10 wins and never finished higher than 8th. We will see how DeBoer holds up under the pressure.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (65.78 KiB) Viewed 311 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:37 am

dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:15 am

oy, now the snowball effect. the top 100 LB recruit decommits too, 4 days after announcing.

really not liking this Jimmy Sexton fellow bout now.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:33 am

I was going to point out Jimmy, talk about right out of central casting
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (29.23 KiB) Viewed 279 times

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:04 am

In an hour's time on Friday night, while DeBoer was introducing himself to his new Alabama football team in Tuscaloosa, the Huskies lost four incoming players, one after the other, including its next quarterback.

In order of their posted announcements, Vanderbilt linebacker transfer Ethan Barr, Mississippi State quarterback transfer Will Rogers and Fresno State tight end transfer Tre Watson each re-entered the transfer portal, while unsigned Ohio edge rusher recruit Dominic Kirks de-committed from the Huskies.

This comes on top of Washington state's No. 1 recruit, linebacker Zaydrius Rainey-Sale from Bethel High School in Spanaway de-committed from the UW, as well.