Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

Michael K.

Re: Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:50 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:45 pm
I'll bet it's because if you really want to advance in a field it helps getting out from under the wing of your father
Not going to say I watched a ton of Arizona football, but what I saw sure didn’t scream Pete Carroll offense.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:56 pm

Which means nothing, Brendon is a great football mind in his own right. That he is developing his own identity doesn't mean he is in conflict with his father. I guess one could argue maybe Pete should have put the offense in his hands but that would have been a real reach. He coached tight ends fot his father
. "We've cherished it and dreaded the time it was going to come [to an end]," Pete Carroll said. "He's had a couple chances at other times and we were able to keep him here, but this one is just right with the right guy with Jedd Fisch and all that. He's really excited about it so we're excited for him, but we've been very lucky to have this kind of connection that we've had and he's done an incredibly good job for us and I've loved having him here."
He was up for the HC vacancy at Arizona, seems he has a good football mind, as does his father

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:04 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:56 pm
Which means nothing, Brendon is a great football mind in his own right. That he is developing his own identity doesn't mean he is in conflict with his father. I guess one could argue maybe Pete should have put the offense in his hands but that would have been a real reach. He coached tight ends fot his father
. "We've cherished it and dreaded the time it was going to come [to an end]," Pete Carroll said. "He's had a couple chances at other times and we were able to keep him here, but this one is just right with the right guy with Jedd Fisch and all that. He's really excited about it so we're excited for him, but we've been very lucky to have this kind of connection that we've had and he's done an incredibly good job for us and I've loved having him here."
He was up for the HC vacancy at Arizona, seems he has a good football mind, as does his father
Who says he was in conflict with his father? I am saying I don't see a lot of similarities in the way Pete chooses to coach offense in relation to how his son does. You seem to want to shove it in everyone's face that the Huskies have a Carroll on staff, since many of us have been complaining about Pete's style. I'm saying the Old Man coaches like an old man, and that was most of my issue with him. I didn't see much Pete when I watched Arizona play. The rest of what ever the fuck you are talking about is lost on me.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:51 am

Dat's a shame...
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:55 pm

Back on the home front. Noah Fifita and Tetario McMillan have their own podcast. A couple of days ago they were pretty ambiguous about what there future Holds. There were a couple of reports from Arizona media saying that they intended to stay but that might have just been wishful thinking. Those articles seemed to think receivers Coach Kevin Cummings might have been the key to them wanting to stay. Cummings had worked with the new Arizona coach before and there was some thought that he would stay in Arizona. However Fisch confirmed this morning on the radio that Cummings will be joining his staff at UW. There are some huge roster holes to fill on this team and if the Dawgs could get Fifita and McMillan in here that would plug some huge gaps and probably change the minds of some of our own guys who have hit the portal. Its going to be wild seeing how things shift with this roster over this off season.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:44 pm

This sleezeball millionaire is hanging out with teenage athletes in his free time and has the nerve to talk about tampering.

https://twitter.com/bluebloodsbias/stat ... 1254021313

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:29 am

Arizona All-American sophomores Noah Fifita and Tetairoa McMillan are staying at Arizona in what is a huge win for new head coach Brent Brennan. The announcement came down moments ago during the Arizona-UCLA hoops game.

We talked earlier to Fifita’s father Les, who broke down why the boys wanted to stay in Tucson.

“They made the final decision on it (Friday) night,” Fifita said. “It was tough. But, end of the day, they want to run it back and aren’t satisfied just winning the Alamo Bowl. They want to win it all.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:41 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:04 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:56 pm
Who says he was in conflict with his father? I am saying I don't see a lot of similarities in the way Pete chooses to coach offense in relation to how his son does. You seem to want to shove it in everyone's face that the Huskies have a Carroll on staff, since many of us have been complaining about Pete's style. I'm saying the Old Man coaches like an old man, and that was most of my issue with him. I didn't see much Pete when I watched Arizona play. The rest of what ever the fuck you are talking about is lost on me.
Shoving it in your face? lol. I don't see what it has to do with Pete. Brennan is there to coach Firsh's offense, not install one. Firsh has his own ideas about offense. He does the play calling? It's a McVay oriented offense isn't it? Or is it more unique to Frish? He's worked with a ton of other coaches. It's interesting the connection to Brennan, I guess they coached together didn't they when Frish was with the Seahawks

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:20 am

Then why being up Carroll? It it's all about "Firsch"?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:04 am

I brought up his son, he's the new huskies OC. Looking into Frist, he gets more interesting. I am curious about the Brennan connection. Seems like a leap from TE coach to OC. They both seem pretty bright. Guess they have known each other for awhile

Oh, he was run game coordinator
Brennan left his position as the Seahawks' run game coordinator after the 2020 season to join Fisch's first-year staff at Arizona. Together, the duo helped build the Wildcats from a Pac-12 doormat into a 10-3 team in just three seasons. The Wildcats boasted the nation's No. 8 passing offense in 2023.

They worked together in Miami, they weren't on Pete's staff at the same time
Head Coach Jedd Fisch and Carroll worked together at Miami 20011-12, which is why these two are so closely connected
With all the moving Frist has done, not sure he can be expected to be the long term answer for the huskies. Not that they're a lot of programs to aspire to, perhaps the NFL.