Will Rogers withdraws from transfer portal and will remain with UW

Michael K.

Re: Will Rogers withdraws from transfer portal and will remain with UW

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:45 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:28 pm
They had one tough game against the #1 defense in the entire country and now you think they are going to get dominated by an entire conference? You guys are giving the SEC way too much credit. Yeah the SEC has a couple of really physical teams but they also have a lot of crap in that league. Its not like they are going to go in there and get slaughtered every single week. Other than Georgia and maybe LSU there is nobody on their schedule that is any more physical on the D-Line than teams like Oregon and Utah that they handled this year.
The interior got dominated by Texas as well. Funny how when they played teams with bag bad D Lines they struggled. Didn't Johnson average like two per carry against Texas? I am not saying they are going to get dominated every game, but it's going to be much tougher sledding in the SEC when you are facing boys like Texas and Bama have just about every week.

When you play "nobody" in the SEC, the D Line is still going to be pretty damn tough. You just don't see that in the Pac, and not even in the Big.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:45 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
They had one tough game against the #1 defense in the entire country and now you think they are going to get dominated by an entire conference? You guys are giving the SEC way too much credit. Yeah the SEC has a couple of really physical teams but they also have a lot of crap in that league. Its not like they are going to go in there and get slaughtered every single week. Other than Georgia and maybe LSU there is nobody on their schedule that is any more physical on the D-Line than teams like Oregon and Utah that they handled this year.
The interior got dominated by Texas as well. Funny how when they played teams with bag bad D Lines they struggled. Didn't Johnson average like two per carry against Texas? I am not saying they are going to get dominated every game, but it's going to be much tougher sledding in the SEC when you are facing boys like Texas and Bama have just about every week.

When you play "nobody" in the SEC, the D Line is still going to be pretty damn tough. You just don't see that in the Pac, and not even in the Big.
You remember the game different than I do. Hard for me to say an O-line got dominated when they gave up zero sacks and their QB throws for 430 yards. Johnson was running on 1 good leg that game and probably shouldn't have even been playing. Tybo had 3.8 yards per carry.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:16 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:18 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:45 pm
Captain 97 wrote:

You remember the game different than I do. Hard for me to say an O-line got dominated when they gave up zero sacks and their QB throws for 430 yards. Johnson was running on 1 good leg that game and probably shouldn't have even been playing. Tybo had 3.8 yards per carry.
Pass pro was good, but Penix alsodid a great job of moving around the pressure Texas did creat. We had ZERO chance to run inside, in either game. If you saw something else then yeah, we watched different games.

3.8 yards per carry is way below good, and I bet if you took out the outside runs it was less than half of that. Texas and Bama stoned us on almost every single inside run. The interior O Line got destroyed with it was physical man on man football. That is how the SEC plays upfront.