All over but the crying for Hopkins

D-train

All over but the crying for Hopkins

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:59 pm

Dead man walking after getting blasted at home to Colorado last night. 3-6 in conference and will like go under .500 overall in the next week or so.

Great opportunity for Dannen to have two of his guys as HCs in the Major Sports after the great hire of Fisch. Really looking forward to this fresh start and new era of Husky Athletics.
dt

Captain 97

Re: All over but the crying for Hopkins

Post by Captain 97 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:29 pm

I feel like you made this same post last year. Or was it the year before that? Diferent AD now though so hopefully you are right.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:45 pm

Fisch will be swimming upriver soon, and i doubt there's too many guys that want to be head basketball guy at UW, but maybe i'm wrong. Could be entering dark times for UW athletics.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:49 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:45 pm
Fisch will be swimming upriver soon, and i doubt there's too many guys that want to be head basketball guy at UW, but maybe i'm wrong. Could be entering dark times for UW athletics.
Why is Fisch swimming up river? My guess is there were plenty of people saying that when he took the AZ job. He didn't have the resources there that he has here, he is taking over a MUCH better program than the shitshow he inherited from Rich Rod, and has already done a better job in recruiting than DeBoer did. I have resigned myself to believe that the basketball program is probably screwed for some time, but sure don't see this Debbie Downer attitude towards football. Name another West Coast team that has been to two Final fours and one Championship game in the last ten years?

All we ever hear is all that USC and Oregon have going for them. Yet the only team out here to ever do anything besides go Bowling is us, and every year we hear how we are doomed!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm

I just think if Florida offers Fisch the job he'll take it. Call me a cynic.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:38 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:29 pm
I feel like you made this same post last year. Or was it the year before that? Diferent AD now though so hopefully you are right.
Different AD and much smaller bullet to bite given one less year on his deal. He's toast.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:58 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm
I just think if Florida offers Fisch the job he'll take it. Call me a cynic.
So he's just dying to live in shithole Central Florida for a mid SEC team because he went to school there 25 years ago? Thanks for that next level cutting edge analysis. Lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:59 pm

I'm sure he's an absolute legend at Florida since he never played a down of football in his life. I'm sure the math club and the Glee club talk about him to this day though. Lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:59 pm
I'm sure he's an absolute legend at Florida since he never played a down of football in his life. I'm sure the math club and the Glee club talk about him to this day though. Lol
According to the internet, DeBoer had ties to Michigan and was a shoo in there. Jim Mora once called Washington his dream job, and then turned them down not once but twice. Jim Harbaugh is leaving his Alma Mater. Remind me how Nick Saban, Dabo Sweeney, Dan Lanning, Lincoln Riley and many many others all coach at their Alma Maters?

I’m trying to remember since Harbaugh how often that has worked? Or before Harbaugh for that matter. We always hear about ties here and ties there…someone find me the example of the guy coaching his Alma mater that is just kicking ass. Not saying it hasn’t or won’t happen, just saying I can’t think of it. Harbaugh this year, but until then his team hadn’t so much as won a Bowl game since his first or second season. And he loved it so much he is leaving.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:59 pm
Not sure that matters really. It's his alma mater.