Pretty Bush League, if you ask me. But he leaves for Nebraska? Fuck you Dannen.

Michael K.

Pretty Bush League, if you ask me. But he leaves for Nebraska? Fuck you Dannen.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:51 pm

So, this dick fires the basketball coach and then leaves for a job that a fricking Alumni has already walked away from? Trev Alberts is a Cornhusker alum, and walked away from the job that this dude is taking, in the middle of a coaching search?

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
49m
Sources: Nebraska is finalizing a six-year deal to make Washington athletic director Troy Dannen the school’s new athletic director. The hiring of Dannen gives Nebraska an immediate replacement for Trev Alberts, who left for Texas A&M last week.

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Pretty Bush League, if you ask me. But he leaves for Nebraska? Fuck you Dannen.

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:38 pm

Follow the money...

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Pretty Bush League, if you ask me. But he leaves for Nebraska? Fuck you Dannen.

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:03 pm

Maybe he wanted to expand his yogurt business. :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:12 pm

Imagine if Steve Emtman was our AD, and he left here for USC. Isn’t that similar to Albert leaving Nebraska for A and M.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:51 pm
So, this dick fires the basketball coach and then leaves for a job that a fricking Alumni has already walked away from? Trev Alberts is a Cornhusker alum, and walked away from the job that this dude is taking, in the middle of a coaching search?

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
49m
Sources: Nebraska is finalizing a six-year deal to make Washington athletic director Troy Dannen the school’s new athletic director. The hiring of Dannen gives Nebraska an immediate replacement for Trev Alberts, who left for Texas A&M last week.
Go live in Seattle for 6 months and see if you want to gtfo ASAP.. He was in Northern Iowa and Lousiana for 15 years, only could handle 6 months in Seattle before escaping to Nebraska. Which one of those four are not like the other... LOL

I guess you could say he was an idiot to not be aware of what Seattle has become but probably underestimated how bad it was.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:34 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:12 pm
Imagine if Steve Emtman was our AD, and he left here for USC. Isn’t that similar to Albert leaving Nebraska for A and M.
Why was Albert seen as desirable hire. Nebraska has sucked for years....
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:38 pm

UW has a pretty far left admin, maybe Cohen and Dannen didn't like dealing with them.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:31 pm

The event was two days ago...
"I'm dumbfounded," said Dave West, a leading UW donor and former Husky basketball player who attended the California alumni event. "He said this was his last job. He said he had 10 good years in him — he didn't have 10 months in him. I just can't believe this guy would bail on us at such a critical time."

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:25 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:31 pm
The event was two days ago...
"I'm dumbfounded," said Dave West, a leading UW donor and former Husky basketball player who attended the California alumni event. "He said this was his last job. He said he had 10 good years in him — he didn't have 10 months in him. I just can't believe this guy would bail on us at such a critical time."
Yep, and give me a break with his family hasn't moved here stuff. I guess they didn't realize when he took a job in the state of Washington that it wasn't the mid West? Joke show. Good luck in Nebraska you dumb ass.

Nebraska football over the past ten years
9 and 4 and 5 and 3
6 and 7 and 3 and 5
9 and 4 and 6 and 3
4 and 8 and 3 and 6
5 and 7 and 3 and 6
3 and 5 and 3 and 5
3 and 9 and 1 and 8
4 and 8 and 3 and 6
5 and 7 and 3 and 6
48 and 59 overall and 30 and 50 in Conference

Yep, I see the appeal. In the past seven years they have had three coaches....and gone from 4 wins all the way to 5 wins last year! How amazing.

Maybe the appeal was Basketball? LOL, I'll let you decide.
They finished third in Conference this year. That is their best finish since 1992.
Fred Hoigerg went 23 and 9 this year and 12 and 8 in Conference. The years leading up to that from when he started coaching in 2019?

7 and 25 and 2 and 18
7 and 20 and 3 and 16
10 and 22 and 4 and 16
16 and 16 and 9 and 11

He makes Hop's performance look a lot more palatable! Good luck moving closer to your family. I guess the expectations are at least a lot lower where you are now.