Pretty Bush League, if you ask me. But he leaves for Nebraska? Fuck you Dannen.

D-train

Re: Pretty Bush League, if you ask me. But he leaves for Nebraska? Fuck you Dannen.

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:25 pm

Maybe that is why he fired Hopkins BEFORE the Tourney. New he wouldn't have time after it. LOL
dt

D-train

Re: Pretty Bush League, if you ask me. But he leaves for Nebraska? Fuck you Dannen.

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 pm

He could have lived on the East side which I think is still fine too.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:49 am

And you guys think Fish wouldn't leave tomorrow for more money lol.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:52 am

Are athletic directors really that important to the success of the football or basketball team. I mean do coaches or players come to a school because of the AD. Thinking about it more it seems over blown. They will just sign someone else who will hire the basketball coach and whose to say he won't hire a better coach than Dannen will. And Fisch sure as hell isn't leaving because Dannen did.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 am

They run the business aspect of the programs. Budgeting, raising money, negotiating contracts.

Codebrown

Post by Codebrown » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:39 am

The buyouts are super low for the AD and the head football coach. So the question is why? There’s no penalty for someone to walk away from either one of those jobs. Most school have a buyout penalty which is significantly higher then what UW offers their coach and directors.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 am
They run the business aspect of the programs. Budgeting, raising money, negotiating contracts.
Thanks for confirming my point.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:52 am
Are athletic directors really that important to the success of the football or basketball team. I mean do coaches or players come to a school because of the AD. Thinking about it more it seems over blown. They will just sign someone else who will hire the basketball coach and whose to say he won't hire a better coach than Dannen will. And Fisch sure as hell isn't leaving because Dannen did.
With the NIL money I think the AD is pretty important. They are in charge of fundraisers, are they not?

Just because of this aspect, I was hoping they would follow Brock H's recommendation and hire Damon. Just consider that for a minute:
1. He bleeds purple and gold.
2. He played UW football and could possibly help with recruiting.
3. When fundraising you know he is speaking truthfully about loving the school and programs.
4. He won't leave the program to go to Oregon.....or WSU.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:08 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 pm
D-train wrote:
With the NIL money I think the AD is pretty important. They are in charge of fundraisers, are they not?

Just because of this aspect, I was hoping they would follow Brock H's recommendation and hire Damon. Just consider that for a minute:
3. When fundraising you know he is speaking truthfully about loving the school and programs.
They must not have thought he was qualified or experienced enough. Guessing our new AD won't be leaving for WSU. lol
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:08 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 pm
D-train wrote:

They must not have thought he was qualified or experienced enough. Guessing our new AD won't be leaving for WSU. lol
Our new AD will jump ship as soon as Ohio State offer him a job.