BYU

Donn Beach

Re: BYU

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:52 am

there doesn't seem to be a definitive place to get that info..kind of surprising to me

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:56 am

Heres what I found. Scott Campbell is the head referee. You recognize him because of the smedium shirt and the glasses. He is a b12 official. First link just shows he is the official for BYU vs USC. Second shows he's a B12 official. Best I could find. Only found it because he is going to be an official in the AAF next year. Haven't been able to see who is officiating this coming game.

http://refereestats.proboards.com/threa ... eree-crews

http://www.footballzebras.com/2019/02/o ... af-season/
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 am
Hard to tell what made him fall down? Do you not see the Right arm of the receiver on the shoulder pad pull down right as he's falling? He pushed the CB down, and that is what caused the defender to trip up the receiver. It seems clear as day to me that the CB was pushed down.

It's not really very clear from that angle. Pulling someone's sleeve rarely causes them to go down, but if he was already off balance I could see that happening. If you look at his right leg just before he goes down, he appears to make a misstep and catch his foot in the turf before he was ready to plant it. Was that because he was pulled off balance? Hard to tell. What seems clear to me is that the defender was more responsible for the initial contact.

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 am
And again, BYU is not in a conference, so the officials were neutral. Typically the visiting team will bring officials, but they worked out that it would be neutral officials instead of P12 in the contract with USC. Nobody wants P12 officials if possible. I sure hope they are neutral officials this weekend and not p12 officials.
Yeah, I didn't realize that BYU was no longer in a football conference. Didn't they use to be in the Mountain West, or the WAC?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:03 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:56 am
Heres what I found. Scott Campbell is the head referee. You recognize him because of the smedium shirt and the glasses. He is a b12 official. First link just shows he is the official for BYU vs USC. Second shows he's a B12 official. Best I could find. Only found it because he is going to be an official in the AAF next year. Haven't been able to see who is officiating this coming game.

http://refereestats.proboards.com/threa ... eree-crews

http://www.footballzebras.com/2019/02/o ... af-season/
okay, pretty good work there...

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:07 am

BYU has been independent for about 7-8 years. They were in the MWC before that, and WAC a long time ago.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:07 am
BYU has been independent for about 7-8 years. They were in the MWC before that, and WAC a long time ago.
The good ole Lavell Edwards/Jim McMahon days. :)
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:49 pm

It's a really good thing that BYU is good this year. Let's say the Huskies get hot and run the table, which they actually can do. They're going to need BYU, Hawaii and EWU to all have really good seasons although EWU kind of screwed theirs up by losing this past Saturday.

If Utah can smoke these guys in their house, the Huskies certainly can too, although they'll be a little more affected by the high altitude (4,500 feet) than Utah was.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:49 pm
It's a really good thing that BYU is good this year. Let's say the Huskies get hot and run the table, which they actually can do. They're going to need BYU, Hawaii and EWU to all have really good seasons although EWU kind of screwed theirs up by losing this past Saturday.

If Utah can smoke these guys in their house, the Huskies certainly can too, although they'll be a little more affected by the high altitude (4,500 feet) than Utah was.
BYU played much better the last 2 weeks than against Utah. BYU had 2 pick 6's and another fumble that gave Utah a 20 yard field. Without those mistakes, its probably a much closer game against Utah. They also have got their running game going (BYU inexplicably didn't use their stud RB in the first half. 3 carries for 28 yards). I expect the game against Washington to be closer than the Utah game, although I think Washington is the better team.

P12 is really in a pretty tough spot though. If note for the ASU win last week, they would have almost no good wins out of conference, and some really bad losses though. I don't know if a 1 loss P12 team will have any real shot at the playoff without a LOT of help from the outside. OU, OSU, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson all make it in with 1 loss over any of those teams most likely.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 am

Good point on BYU's loss to Utah. So all things considered it looks like our ceiling is the Rose Bowl. Which of course is always a good thing.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:49 pm

BYU played much better the last 2 weeks than against Utah. BYU had 2 pick 6's and another fumble that gave Utah a 20 yard field. Without those mistakes, its probably a much closer game against Utah. They also have got their running game going (BYU inexplicably didn't use their stud RB in the first half. 3 carries for 28 yards). I expect the game against Washington to be closer than the Utah game, although I think Washington is the better team.

P12 is really in a pretty tough spot though. If note for the ASU win last week, they would have almost no good wins out of conference, and some really bad losses though. I don't know if a 1 loss P12 team will have any real shot at the playoff without a LOT of help from the outside. OU, OSU, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson all make it in with 1 loss over any of those teams most likely.
That's what happens when you play teams with great defenses. Its not like it was blind luck or something.