fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post Reply
D-train
Posts: 6645
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:07 pm

I completely missed it. 88 points. Finally an offensive breakout.
dt

JAWA
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 12:47 am

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by JAWA » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:14 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:07 pm
I completely missed it. 88 points. Finally an offensive breakout.
So that's where the Husky football team's offense went, it went to the bball team! :shock: ;)

D-train
Posts: 6645
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 am

JAWA wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:14 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:07 pm
I completely missed it. 88 points. Finally an offensive breakout.
So that's where the Husky football team's offense went, it went to the bball team! :shock: ;)
I knew I would get you over here! But sadly it is likely due to the football team being so lame in comparison. :(
dt

Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 1463
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 am

That was University of San Diego. I didn't even know three was one.

JAWA
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 12:47 am

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by JAWA » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:37 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 am
I knew I would get you over here! But sadly it is likely due to the football team being so lame in comparison. :(
True, it just seems like only team can do well at a time with the exception of last year.

I'll always support ALL Husky sports teams but I'll also always be a football fan first. I will definitely check in on some bball games this season though ;)

D-train
Posts: 6645
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:50 am

JAWA wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:37 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 am
I knew I would get you over here! But sadly it is likely due to the football team being so lame in comparison. :(
True, it just seems like only team can do well at a time with the exception of last year.

I'll always support ALL Husky sports teams but I'll also always be a football fan first. I will definitely check in on some bball games this season though ;)

Yeah I was typically a bigger Seahawks fan than Sonics fan but not by a lot and not in the 90s. :)
dt

Donn Beach
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:23 am

number of NBA coaches and GMs went to USD
'We can't play, but we can coach': The little school with the big NBA pipeline
On October 19, 1974, a rookie point guard for the Bullets named Stan Washington made his NBA debut. He logged four minutes. He attempted one shot. He did not score. Four days later, he was waived, and his career was over. Washington is still remembered at the University of San Diego because he is the only NBA player the school has ever produced. USD, a small Catholic college that sits on a mesa overlooking Mission Bay, has never been a basketball power. Since the Toreros started playing in 1955, they’ve won two regular-season conference championships and one NCAA tournament game. They’ve been overshadowed in their league by Gonzaga and in their city by San Diego State. And yet, on sidelines and in front offices at the highest levels of the sport, they can match up with just about anybody.
https://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/07/unive ... -hank-egan

57reasons
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 4:19 am
Location: 98118

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by 57reasons » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:02 am

Not that i think we need it, but unlike in past years, we're getting some strength of schedule help from the rest of the league, with Oregon, Arizona, and Colorado all ahead of us in the standings. not to mention undefeated Stanford who just hammered Oklahoma by 19 and Utah who set a record winning a game by 94! so Pac12 could be an actual legitimate Big 5 conference again this year - funny how these things cycle.

D-train
Posts: 6645
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:14 pm

57reasons wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:02 am
Not that i think we need it, but unlike in past years, we're getting some strength of schedule help from the rest of the league, with Oregon, Arizona, and Colorado all ahead of us in the standings. not to mention undefeated Stanford who just hammered Oklahoma by 19 and Utah who set a record winning a game by 94! so Pac12 could be an actual legitimate Big 5 conference again this year - funny how these things cycle.
Did you see Duke lose to Stephen F. Austin on a last second layin in OT. Great Glory!
dt

57reasons
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 4:19 am
Location: 98118

Re: fyi we kicked ass last night.

Post by 57reasons » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:44 pm

in same year that Kentucky loses one to Evansville i think it was? if ever there was a wide-open year for one of the non-elite bluebloods to seize the crown (like Virginia last year), this has to be it. As Russ would say, why not us?

Post Reply