According to Kevin Calabro...

JAWA

According to Kevin Calabro...

Post by JAWA » Thu May 21, 2020 3:12 am

...he believes the Sonics will be back WITHIN five years: https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1262906119514738693

This does coincide with Shaq's comments from a couple weeks ago in saying there are several teams available. Not to mention the pandemic putting the squeeze on every team in the league. The question is, will OVG back up their talk and be active in acquiring one of the so-called available teams? Or will Chris finally be able to get his hands on one?

JAWA

Re: According to Kevin Calabro...

Post by JAWA » Tue May 26, 2020 12:51 am

Yep: https://twitter.com/SamQuinnCBS/status/ ... 6911299584

Or, they can move one of the teams in a struggling market.

And to think, this pandemic could be the catalyst that finally brings back the Green and Gold. Whodathunkit?

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm

JAWA wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:51 am

And to think, this pandemic could be the catalyst that finally brings back the Green and Gold. Whodathunkit?
Honest question - do you want the Sonics back, or the NBA? The league is not at all the same as it was. And do Seattleites really want to solve someone else's problem - for the NBA? I think Sonics fans will be extremely disappointed in what the league is anymore. The last Laker game I went to - the final quarter took 45 minutes to play - because of the endless timeouts (for commercials) and fouls. It was absolutely painful to sit through. No plans to go back any time soon. I can't sit through that shit anymore. Just like the NFL - it is purely about selling ad space.

there's a difference between lamenting the loss of the Sonics - we all do - and missing the NBA. but I can't say I give a shit anymore about the NBA - and I have two teams down here. The NBA ruined the league when they took the Supes, and the current state of the game makes it unwatchable. The leagues demand your loyalty (in dollars) but want the luxury of fucking you over when it's convenient for their wallets. They lost me for good. The NFL pretty much has, too.

Be careful what you wish for. Getting a franchise back is not the same as getting the Sonics back - at all. You're just fixing the NBA's problems that they created out of pure fucking greed. And you want to help them after they gave the city the middle finger? Oh, now Seattle's money is good enough for them? Fuck that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm
JAWA wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:51 am

Honest question - do you want the Sonics back, or the NBA? The league is not at all the same as it was. And do Seattleites really want to solve someone else's problem - for the NBA? I think Sonics fans will be extremely disappointed in what the league is anymore. The last Laker game I went to - the final quarter took 45 minutes to play - because of the endless timeouts (for commercials) and fouls. It was absolutely painful to sit through. No plans to go back any time soon. I can't sit through that shit anymore. Just like the NFL - it is purely about selling ad space.

there's a difference between lamenting the loss of the Sonics - we all do - and missing the NBA. but I can't say I give a shit anymore about the NBA - and I have two teams down here. The NBA ruined the league when they took the Supes, and the current state of the game makes it unwatchable. The leagues demand your loyalty (in dollars) but want the luxury of fucking you over when it's convenient for their wallets. They lost me for good. The NFL pretty much has, too.

Be careful what you wish for. Getting a franchise back is not the same as getting the Sonics back - at all. You're just fixing the NBA's problems that they created out of pure fucking greed. And you want to help them after they gave the city the middle finger? Oh, now Seattle's money is good enough for them? Fuck that.
Yep I pretty much lost interest after the Hansen/Sacramento debacle. I could take it or leave at this point and certainly am not holding my breath over something that might happen in 5 years. That being said I like options and it wouldn't hurt to have another team to root for. If I can't get into then I don't have to watch or follow the team.
dt