NBA's China mess

Hasslecracked

Re: NBA's China mess

Post by Hasslecracked » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pm

LeBron can sit and tweet about every issue in the states but Morey can't tweet about China? LeBron is being a huge hypocrite and should probably never tweet about social justices again if Morey is "uneducated"

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pm

So have China's citizens been brainwashed into thinking that the HK protesters are some sort of Terrorist Org or what.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Morey felt the need to apologize for it which seems to me indicates he wish he hadn't done it

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pm
So have China's citizens been brainwashed into thinking that the HK protesters are some sort of Terrorist Org or what.
its about nationalism, HK was setup by a western power that did it by force, its always been a sore spot in china. Now that its more or less been turned back over to china the relationship has become very complicated. I can't speak for every chinese but its not so much about longing for freedom as its wanting KC back in china. To put it very simplistically Chinese want the HKers to shut up and get back into the fold. Chinese nationals are being beaten up in the streets of HK, just like protesters are, its very tense between National chinese and HKers

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:06 pm
Morey felt the need to apologize for it which seems to me indicates he wish he hadn't done it
Not necessarily. I bet he is happy that he brought attention to the issue.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:12 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pm
its about nationalism, HK was setup by a western power that did it by force, its always been a sore spot in china. Now that its more or less been turned back over to china the relationship has become very complicated. I can't speak for every chinese but its not so much about longing for freedom as its wanting KC back in china. To put it very simplistically Chinese want the HKers to shut up and get back into the fold. Chinese nationals are being beaten up in the streets of HK, just like protesters are, its very tense between National chinese and HKers
Interesting. Thanks.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:33 pm

boy, the Rockets seem totally screwed, its swell that Morey's bosses are being supportive but man, they must be wondering why the heck did you do this to us? lol. Fire him, probably need to shoot him, then the chinese might settle down...

Tencent reporter Yu Fu has been covering the schism, and his Twitter feed has featured an array of updates on the situation — which seems to be getting more severe by the hour.

All Rockets sponsors from China are out. CCTV are calling out Morey and Rockets. Rockets is banned banned in China before further action is taken.

— Yu Fu (@YuFuTroy) October 6, 2019

Deadspin’s report notes that the Rockets have historically been one of the most popular NBA teams in China, due to Yao Ming’s prominence on their roster for many years — meaning that the potential of a blackout for the team in China could have significant repercussions. But so far, nothing has changed in Houston: ESPN reports that Fertitta has made a public statement of support for Morey.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 pm

I know you are joking but that is probably what it would take. To shoot him. And if you going around trying to appease an entity that would like to see one of your employees dead, you are just as bad as they are.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:20 am

I don't have a dog in the fight, its their problem not mine

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:49 pm

U.S. corporations need to withdraw from China. The communist Chinese government is bent on world domination and their party and all the brainwashed citizens there are racial supremacists along the lines of the Nazis in the 1930's Germany. If the greedy sell-outs in charge of these corporations won't do it, then our government needs to keep raising tariffs and ultimately implement laws that make it illegal to do business in China. And they need to put pressure on all our allies to do the same. What China has done over the last 30 years with spying, intellectual property theft, currency manipulations, illegal trade practices, and human rights violations (millions of muslims in concentration/re-education camps along with political dissidents tortured and harvested for organs).

I don't care what the ramifications are for the U.S. economony or the world economy. This is about heading off what could ultimately be a catastrophic military conflict and not allowing China to take over the world economically.