Latest from the Sodo Arena Team

Donn Beach

Re: Latest from the Sodo Arena Team

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:52 am

doesn't make sense?...you know they are naming the street the city center arena is on after him, its going to be called Lenny Wilkens Way. Not sure why Lenny would naturally be more aligned with Sodo, he probably has personal relationships with the owners of the arena, bet he is friends with Bonderman

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Ann found my tweet about moving from Kirkland to Seattle just to vote for her inspiring! 8-)

Ann For Seattle City Council
@NeighborsForAnn
·
Nov 1
Replying to
@DarrenWarner2
Well, that’s such an inspiring comment! Thanks for that!!
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:41 pm

wow, inspirational...

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:48 pm

here is a letter from Lenny Wilkens, the Times published in 2017, he is a three time HOF inductee, as a player, a coach, and a Olympian, didn't know that...seems to be saying not to take sides, no bad guys or good guys when it comes to bringing the Sonics back...
WHEN are the Sonics coming back to Seattle? It’s a question I get asked almost every day. Believe me, there aren’t many people in this world who want a Seattle team more than I do. This is my home. This is the Sonics’ home. It is time we collaborate to focus on bringing our team back home. Let’s get behind those working hard to make this a reality.

Here is what I know: There is interest. And it is “strong” on all sides — the NBA, the city of Seattle, the mayor’s office, our community, our fans, our next ownership group and the players who call this home.

I’ve been around the world. I’ve coached many players and teams, and Seattle remains such a special place for athletes. We thrive in this environment. Seattle fans in every sport live and die by their teams. And while it has been eight long years since the NBA left, the Sonics brand is strong and viable — and that is why the NBA continues to be interested in our market. It is time, Seattle!

We need to rally behind those trying to get us a new arena and team. Chris Hansen and his ownership group are strong. But the hurdles are big. And I know, in my heart, that the city’s leadership at City Hall is working to find the right solution.

This new proposed KeyArena redo is something that is fueling renewed hope that the city is ready to bring back our Sonics. We are stronger than ever, and there’s proof.

Watching Sonics fans rally around us during our championship season in 1979 is something that will forever be ingrained in my memory. It’s something that we see today in our passionate Seahawks’ 12s fan base. It is something we saw as the Sounders rallied to win our first MLS Cup. And it is something that we saw when the Seattle Storm won its second WNBA championship.

There is no doubt that basketball is in the DNA of our city. Look no further than all the current NBA players who have come out of the area. Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Jason Terry, Isaiah Thomas … the list goes on and on. The best part about it is that these stars stick close to their roots. They come back, mentor youth and give back to our community.

The past eight yearshave been a mental roller-coaster ride. But it’s clear that we are working toward bringing our team home. We have the best chance to date to bring the Sonics back to Seattle — either in Sodo or a rebuilt KeyArena. For me, I will always share a love of KeyArena. It has a sense of history for the Sonics that can’t be erased — from Slick Watts to Fred Brown and Detlef Schrempf to Gus Williams.

But, at the end of the day, I support one thing — bringing the Sonics home. If that’s the Key or Sodo, let’s get moving!

Bringing an NBA team back to Seattle is another step in creating jobs, supporting business growth and giving our residents and visitors another marvelous entertainment option in the greatest of cities.

To my friends in the NBA: Seattle deserves a team. Fans have proved that for more than 40 years. That passion doubled down when the team moved to Oklahoma City. We deserve a chance to watch the players from that franchise battle it out with our team.

Bringing an NBA team back to Seattle is bigger than sports — and it’s an opportunity that we can’t afford to miss. To Chris Hansen, Mayor Ed Murray, the City Council, community and business leaders, and our fans — I am in. Are you?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:41 pm
wow, inspirational...
I know I inspire you as well on occasion. :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:48 pm
here is a letter from Lenny Wilkens, the Times published in 2017, he is a three time HOF inductee, as a player, a coach, and a Olympian, didn't know that...seems to be saying not to take sides, no bad guys or good guys when it comes to bringing the Sonics back...
WHEN are the Sonics coming back to Seattle? It’s a question I get asked almost every day. Believe me, there aren’t many people in this world who want a Seattle team more than I do. This is my home. This is the Sonics’ home. It is time we collaborate to focus on bringing our team back home. Let’s get behind those working hard to make this a reality.

Here is what I know: There is interest. And it is “strong” on all sides — the NBA, the city of Seattle, the mayor’s office, our community, our fans, our next ownership group and the players who call this home.

I’ve been around the world. I’ve coached many players and teams, and Seattle remains such a special place for athletes. We thrive in this environment. Seattle fans in every sport live and die by their teams. And while it has been eight long years since the NBA left, the Sonics brand is strong and viable — and that is why the NBA continues to be interested in our market. It is time, Seattle!

We need to rally behind those trying to get us a new arena and team. Chris Hansen and his ownership group are strong. But the hurdles are big. And I know, in my heart, that the city’s leadership at City Hall is working to find the right solution.

This new proposed KeyArena redo is something that is fueling renewed hope that the city is ready to bring back our Sonics. We are stronger than ever, and there’s proof.

Watching Sonics fans rally around us during our championship season in 1979 is something that will forever be ingrained in my memory. It’s something that we see today in our passionate Seahawks’ 12s fan base. It is something we saw as the Sounders rallied to win our first MLS Cup. And it is something that we saw when the Seattle Storm won its second WNBA championship.

There is no doubt that basketball is in the DNA of our city. Look no further than all the current NBA players who have come out of the area. Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Jason Terry, Isaiah Thomas … the list goes on and on. The best part about it is that these stars stick close to their roots. They come back, mentor youth and give back to our community.

The past eight yearshave been a mental roller-coaster ride. But it’s clear that we are working toward bringing our team home. We have the best chance to date to bring the Sonics back to Seattle — either in Sodo or a rebuilt KeyArena. For me, I will always share a love of KeyArena. It has a sense of history for the Sonics that can’t be erased — from Slick Watts to Fred Brown and Detlef Schrempf to Gus Williams.

But, at the end of the day, I support one thing — bringing the Sonics home. If that’s the Key or Sodo, let’s get moving!

Bringing an NBA team back to Seattle is another step in creating jobs, supporting business growth and giving our residents and visitors another marvelous entertainment option in the greatest of cities.

To my friends in the NBA: Seattle deserves a team. Fans have proved that for more than 40 years. That passion doubled down when the team moved to Oklahoma City. We deserve a chance to watch the players from that franchise battle it out with our team.

Bringing an NBA team back to Seattle is bigger than sports — and it’s an opportunity that we can’t afford to miss. To Chris Hansen, Mayor Ed Murray, the City Council, community and business leaders, and our fans — I am in. Are you?
Siding with a woman that told Sonic fans to get over it they already have a great basketball team in the Storm and thus going against a woman that is highly focused on bringing the team back is beyond tone deaf and or ignorant.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:02 am

just going with the side of the bread he thinks the butter is on...probably thinks it be kind of dumb for an arena to be sitting on Lenny Wilkens Way on QA hill and the Sonics playing in Sodo

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:51 pm

If Seattle wants the Sonics back, they better name their new NHL team the Sonics. Zero chance the shithole Key Arena can house both NHL and NBA - and just try to imagine the clusterfuck traffic if they did. Nope - Seattle blew it when the idiot mayor said no to a free arena in a place that makes geographical sense when he decided his 'legacy' was more important. His legacy of course was getting run out of town for sexual misconduct, which makes it all so much more rich in the bitter irony.

Only Seattle's clueless box-checking mentality morons in office could f*ck this up so badly. What's the latest on cost over runs we all new were imminent the day this turd of an arena deal was signed? lol! The city that brought you the tunnel excavator with no reverse. Priceless.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:02 am
just going with the side of the bread he thinks the butter is on...probably thinks it be kind of dumb for an arena to be sitting on Lenny Wilkens Way on QA hill and the Sonics playing in Sodo
I don't think it has anything to do with the arena location. Ann wants the Sonics back and She devil does not.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:50 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:02 am
I don't think it has anything to do with the arena location. Ann wants the Sonics back and She devil does not.
come on...course it is about the battle of arenas. You don't think Lenny wants the Sonics back? Seriously? He is lined up with the powers behind the City Center and I am confident he is perfectly confident they can deliver