A little bit later than usual...

JAWA

Re: A little bit later than usual...

Post by JAWA » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:52 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:38 pm
This was a tough one for me, because I hate Westbrook and Harden and the Rockets.
Even though I'm also not a fan of either player nor the Rockets, this was a no-brainer. In no way, shape, or form will I EVER root for the Blunder except for them to lose.

I'm sure the Okies are drowning their sorrows with corn dogs and the moonshine their inbred relatives distilled. Or as they call it over there, a perfect date night! :P :lol:

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:55 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:13 pm
So the Zombie Sonics couldn't win the title with Westbook and Harden, and now their season gets ended by a team with Westbrook and Harden. HA HA!
I wonder what would happen to those poor Okies should Westbrook and Harden do the unthinkable and win it all! Their pea-sized brains would explode! :shock: :lol:

It's not going to happen though so that should put their shit-for-brains at ease. If those two and the Rockets had trouble taking care of the Blunder, they're going to have a helluva time with Lebron and the Lakers.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:31 pm

JAWA wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:52 am
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:38 pm
This was a tough one for me, because I hate Westbrook and Harden and the Rockets.
Even though I'm also not a fan of either player nor the Rockets, this was a no-brainer. In no way, shape, or form will I EVER root for the Blunder except for them to lose.

I'm sure the Okies are drowning their sorrows with corn dogs and the moonshine their inbred relatives distilled. Or as they call it over there, a perfect date night! :P :lol:
You guys realize it's been twelve years now, and the Blunder fans still have not paid any dues whatsoever? They went 23-59 in their first season there but with Durant in his second year and Westbrook as a rookie they all knew they had a promising future, and since then they've had nothing but winning teams, 45-37 being their worst season since. That should have been us treated to that, with one exception: we would have pushed them to the title.

glenstar

Post by glenstar » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Happy Happy Joy Joy :D :D :D

The only NBA day a year that I look forward to. Good by Blunder.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:53 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:31 pm
You guys realize it's been twelve years now, and the Blunder fans still have not paid any dues whatsoever? They went 23-59 in their first season there but with Durant in his second year and Westbrook as a rookie they all knew they had a promising future, and since then they've had nothing but winning teams, 45-37 being their worst season since. That should have been us treated to that, with one exception: we would have pushed them to the title.
Exactly, and we also would've been able to keep Harden instead of shipping him off to Houston since our market is WAY bigger than OKC's. Yeah, it stings that they've been winning quite a bit during the regular season but it doesn't really mean much when you can't win the games that DO count. Remember, you can't spell "choke" without "OKC" :mrgreen: ;)

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:55 am

glenstar wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm
Happy Happy Joy Joy :D :D :D

The only NBA day a year that I look forward to. Good by Blunder.
Indeed, friend! "It's The Most Blunderful Time Of The Year!" :mrgreen:

Long time no see, hope you've been keeping well ;)

glenstar

Post by glenstar » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:37 am

Hi JAWA. I am back, at least sometimes. I miss the exchanges. The NBA is on the death bed of my sport following. I have tried for the past 10 years to keep following it to a degree, but the current NBA is so out of whack with reality that I can no longer even feign an affection for it.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:32 am

glenstar wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:37 am
Hi JAWA. I am back, at least sometimes. I miss the exchanges. The NBA is on the death bed of my sport following. I have tried for the past 10 years to keep following it to a degree, but the current NBA is so out of whack with reality that I can no longer even feign an affection for it.
I hear ya. I might watch some of the NBA playoff action now that the Blunder have been eliminated but even so, it's difficult to watch when you don't have a horse in the race. Oh well, at least Seattle has other sports teams to cheer for.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:54 am

I check NBA scores on my phone, when I remember it is even still a thing!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:15 pm

I can probably name more South American Countries than NBA players. Let me try:

Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Uraguay, Paraguay, Columbia, Equador, Brazil, Venezuala

Lebron, Chris Paul, Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook.........that's all I got. So South America beats the NBA 9-6.
dt