Oak View hires 28 yo woman to help find GM

D-train

Re: Oak View hires 28 yo woman to help find GM

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:00 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:46 am
Maybe they use radar guns to measure the max velocity that a player can reach while skating the length of the rink, as well as how quickly they can stop, or change direction, or how much momentum (or kinetic energy) they are able to build up prior to unloading on an opposing player, or how far they can extend the hockey stick from their bodies while maintaining control of the puck, or how deftly they can reverse the orientation of the stick while handling the puck, or how much velocity they can impart upon the puck on a slap shot or ...... blah blah blah ........

It sounds like a load of bunk to me. When I hear someone referred to as a "rockstar" in their field I immediately am suspicious. Why would an analytics person ever be described in those terms? They aren't supposed to be attention getters.

And, personally, I think Lieweke is a shady dealer. I think he lied to the city council about the logistics of rebuilding the Coliseum.
Totally agree especially the shady dealer aspect. Look no further than the promise to have the Key ready for the 2020-21 season which I knew was completely absurd yet some actually believed it. Also, I can not wait until the ticket prices are announced. Guessing the waiting list for season tix will shrink by about 80% and people will truly understand the unforeseen side effects of a privately funded facility.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:43 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:16 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:39 pm
I'm kind of getting the feeling that in the first game thread I'm going to be pretty much teaching hockey class LOL.
What goes on in a hockey game thread. Damn, he should have passed to the other guy. Nice save! Goal! Bench the Goal tender! A fight???
Ha ha, it's going to be even worse than doing a basketball game thread. The nice thing about baseball and football is you generally get enough time to post something before the next thing happens. In hockey games you're going to be typing and then going wait, what just happened?
Yeah, the Sonics were already gone when I discovered the Times forums. Were there ever Sonics game threads????
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:27 pm

btw I believe in free market capitalism so I have no problem with them charging whatever they can for tix and concessions. I just can't wait for the backlash and shock and awe from those that think that they are getting this facility for free and will have reasonably priced tickets like Oak View is some philanthropic org. lol
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:18 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:43 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:16 pm

What goes on in a hockey game thread. Damn, he should have passed to the other guy. Nice save! Goal! Bench the Goal tender! A fight???
Ha ha, it's going to be even worse than doing a basketball game thread. The nice thing about baseball and football is you generally get enough time to post something before the next thing happens. In hockey games you're going to be typing and then going wait, what just happened?
I wonder how Hardcorebdynastylivesmatter would handle that. He would have a meltdown trying to watch the game and type doom-filled rants at the same time. :lol:

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm
Yeah, the Sonics were already gone when I discovered the Times forums. Were there ever Sonics game threads????
I joined the forum in late 2005, I think, and I don't recall there being game threads on the Sonics forum. To be honest, I don't even remember the Sonics forum that much. Most of the threads were probably ripping Rick Sund and Wally Walker for drafting untalented 7 footers high in the 1st round for 5 consecutive years.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm
Like Jack said, I don't recall many Sonics game threads when they were here but there was an invasion of Okie dumbasses due to obvious reasons. So glad Bob Payne took care of the majority of them, and I'm also glad that won't be a problem here as well.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:27 pm
btw I believe in free market capitalism so I have no problem with them charging whatever they can for tix and concessions. I just can't wait for the backlash and shock and awe from those that think that they are getting this facility for free and will have reasonably priced tickets like Oak View is some philanthropic org. lol
What they will get is reasonably priced home entertainment. The percentage of an NBA fanbase that actually attends games is miniscule. NFL is similar. Most MLB fans make it to at least one game per year.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:28 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 pm
D-train wrote:
What they will get is reasonably priced home entertainment. The percentage of an NBA fanbase that actually attends games is miniscule. NFL is similar. Most MLB fans make it to at least one game per year.
True but I can assure you there will be backlash when ticket prices are announced. Book it.
dt

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:45 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:28 pm
DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 pm
D-train wrote:
True but I can assure you there will be backlash when ticket prices are announced. Book it.
I mean, that's every city in Amercia regardless of how the building was funded private or public. There's always fans, which are the lifeblood of the business. But there's always groans from both fans and non-fans about the money involved.

I can't wait for the hockey, mainly because I know it will be a huge sucess and it's simultaneously a middle finger to the NBA as well as an invitation to come back.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:14 am

Seattle NHL team hires Ron Francis as its first GM: https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status ... 1851535362

Don't know much about him, sounds like a good hire though. Anyone care to expand more about him?