Re: KD done with OKC

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:57 pm

JAWA wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:54 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:55 pm
have you heard something about KD wanting to be a Sonics owner?
No but every couple months you here something about an NBA player with a shout out or some desired vested interest in the Sonics and some get excited but they just amount to nice gestures with no impact on the time line of getting a new team.
True, although Sonics fans appreciate it, it does very little to move the needle to get a team back here. The league seems to be content with what they have now, even though some of those teams could do better if they were in a larger, more lucrative market. Then they wouldn't have so many teams in the red. But never fear, everyone! We have OVG and their connections! Hell, I saw a recent photo of them kickin' it with Silver himself! That's nice and all but it doesn't mean a damn thing without a team. Get 'er done, Timmy boy!
People talk about how terribly run the NFL is (auroraave) but at least they don't have a team in OKC and no team in Seattle. Its like they value spite over money which is really whacked. I wouldn't be surprised if Stern is is calling that shot. God I hate that guy.
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:24 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:57 pm
People talk about how terribly run the NFL is (auroraave) but at least they don't have a team in OKC and no team in Seattle. Its like they value spite over money which is really whacked. I wouldn't be surprised if Stern is is calling that shot. God I hate that guy.
Yep, simply because we wouldn't kowtow to his demands to get Coward renovations for the Key. Hell, I still believe his ulterior motive during the Kings fiasco six years ago was to get an arena deal done in Sacramento while fucking over Seattle YET again. Poor Chris Hansen got used and abused by the NBA, anybody else would have gone nuclear on them. Well, OKC will soon be another shitty small market team and the Jesters are still losing money in Sactown. At least Silver seems open to returning to Seattle. If that senile old fart was still in power, Seattle would never cross his mind except only to use us as leverage to get other arena deals done elsewhere.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:30 am

JAWA wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:24 am
D-train wrote:
Yep, simply because we wouldn't kowtow to his demands to get Coward renovations for the Key. Hell, I still believe his ulterior motive during the Kings fiasco six years ago was to get an arena deal done in Sacramento while fucking over Seattle YET again. Poor Chris Hansen got used and abused by the NBA, anybody else would have gone nuclear on them. Well, OKC will soon be another shitty small market team and the Jesters are still losing money in Sactown. At least Silver seems open to returning to Seattle. If that senile old fart was still in power, Seattle would never cross his mind except only to use us as leverage to get other arena deals done elsewhere.
The NBA has several teams in cities where they're the only "Big 4" show in town. There's OKC, Utah, Portland, San Antonio, Memphis, Orlando, and Charlotte.

Seattle to OKC was terrible. But, the NBA seems to be doing good. I don't think the NFL is poorly run. I think all of the top professional leagues are well run. It mostly just comes down to which game you prefer. I will say, though, that I think the NBA has too many teams make the playoffs and too many games in the regular season. I would prefer a 63 game season where 8 teams make the playoffs. I think that would make the regular season a lot more fun to watch. What we have now with the NBA is a regular season that is pretty much exhibition.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:35 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:30 am
JAWA wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:24 am
D-train wrote:
The NBA has several teams in cities where they're the only "Big 4" show in town. There's OKC, Utah, Portland, San Antonio, Memphis, Orlando, and Charlotte.

Seattle to OKC was terrible. But, the NBA seems to be doing good. I don't think the NFL is poorly run. I think all of the top professional leagues are well run. It mostly just comes down to which game you prefer. I will say, though, that I think the NBA has too many teams make the playoffs and too many games in the regular season. I would prefer a 63 game season where 8 teams make the playoffs. I think that would make the regular season a lot more fun to watch. What we have now with the NBA is a regular season that is pretty much exhibition.
Agree and only hard core NBA fans pay attention before football season ends.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:11 am

Jesus, Check out the top 12 players in "Thunder" history. Puke. scroll down to the photos.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:12 pm

well the championship is represented as theirs, guess you need to include the players

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:37 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:11 am
Jesus, Check out the top 12 players in "Thunder" history. Puke. scroll down to the photos.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/
You can thank that senile old fart for the stupid "shared history" bullshit. No matter, I'm not going to let a website determine which records and accomplishments go to which team. Also, anyone in Okieland who thinks they won the 1979 NBA title is a fuckin moron, although I now know why Fat Fuck got a replica of the trophy since that's is as close as he'll get to one.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:22 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:00 pm
glenstar wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:29 pm
I have done a lot of reading about KD, and it appears that he is kind of a lost soul, searching, but not finding what he is looking for. I wish him luck in finding some inner peace.
The lost soul with zero stress, a net worth of $170M and millions of adoring fans. So sad.
Not being able to trust someone, not knowing if they like you or your NBA uniform, and having no place to blend in is its own special problems.