Minshew is living in Uncle Rico's alternate universe

D-train

Minshew is living in Uncle Rico's alternate universe

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:06 pm

dt

Millikin

Re: Minshew is living in Uncle Rico's alternate universe

Post by Millikin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 am

(That's one of the best scenes ever, btw)

I actually think they should build a stutue of Minshew outside of Martin Stadium, no matter how things end up for him in the NFL.

To me he's a heroic figure, not only for the great season, or for stepping in after the Hilinski tragedy, but for being a perfect fit for WSU. He was goofy, always having a good time, playing like he had nothing to lose (because he didn't), and the mustache.

It's like your favorite frat brother became QB -- but not the dickhead Manziel-type frat-guy. He's from the party house, not the preppie asshole fraternity (looking at you PKA... you had to be there).

She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:01 am

Dude is still living the dream. This time on national TV.
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 am

I've been browsing Jaguars forums to get their take on Minshew and they are psyched to the max. I think he'll have some tough games that will settle everyone down, but for now it's like a consensus opinion that he should remain the starter once Foles returns.

Jaguars fans are behind him to the extent that they were blaming every incompletion on the receivers' stone hands or the play calling.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:45 am

Do you see he's at the cougs game. It's probably at least a 12-hour trip with connections and everything from Jacksonville to Pullman and he made that effort. That's freaking awesome
dt

haroldy31

Post by haroldy31 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:57 am

Millikin wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 am
I've been browsing Jaguars forums to get their take on Minshew and they are psyched to the max. I think he'll have some tough games that will settle everyone down, but for now it's like a consensus opinion that he should remain the starter once Foles returns.

Jaguars fans are behind him to the extent that they were blaming every incompletion on the receivers' stone hands or the play calling.

Think they paid Foles alot of money.....likely Minshew will get offers from a lower tiered team needing a QB when he becomes a free agent. Might be even next year.