Anti-Israel Protesters Block Golden Gate Bridge

gil

Re: Anti-Israel Protesters Block Golden Gate Bridge

Post by gil » Fri May 03, 2024 6:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 pm
Can't make it up. Its like a scene out of a bad movie.
One protester to another: "I heard the police were defunded. Therefore, we can takes these guys easy."

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 am

This just might add some fuel to the fire...

https://www.aol.com/news/strapped-down- ... 08577.html
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 am

Lot's of accusations in that article by CNN.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 pm
D-train wrote:

Not saying it is credible but do you think the protesters will question it????
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm
D-train wrote:

From people I know who are "pro-Palestine", they are like many of the rest of us: They start with a conclusion (in this case, Israel is the oppressor and Palestinians are the oppressed), and then (consciously or subconsciously) they see and amplify things that support their conclusion. I'm not saying that Israel has not committed horrible human rights abuses and maybe even war crimes. I'm just saying that when reading something like this report, the pro-Palestinian crowd is more likely to nod their heads and say "see, Israeli Zionists are butchers" while the pro-Israel crowd is more likely to question the veracity of the report. (Reverse the roles and it's pretty much the same for the October 7 attacks.)

In short, read or hear a report that justifies your position? Easiest thing to do is accept if. It feels good to have your position reinforced and to join your buddies in getting worked up about how horrible "the other side" is.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2024 4:50 pm

Popcorn ready. LOL
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm

gil wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 pm
D-train wrote:

From people I know who are "pro-Palestine", they are like many of the rest of us: They start with a conclusion (in this case, Israel is the oppressor and Palestinians are the oppressed), and then (consciously or subconsciously) they see and amplify things that support their conclusion. I'm not saying that Israel has not committed horrible human rights abuses and maybe even war crimes. I'm just saying that when reading something like this report, the pro-Palestinian crowd is more likely to nod their heads and say "see, Israeli Zionists are butchers" while the pro-Israel crowd is more likely to question the veracity of the report. (Reverse the roles and it's pretty much the same for the October 7 attacks.)

In short, read or hear a report that justifies your position? Easiest thing to do is accept if. It feels good to have your position reinforced and to join your buddies in getting worked up about how horrible "the other side" is.
Cognitive Dissonance is a very powerful factor. I most recently experienced with Kristi Noem and her Dog.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

Cognitive Dissonance is a very powerful factor. I most recently experienced with Kristi Noem and her Dog.
I think cognitive dissonance can be involved when a pro-Israel person is confronted with (real of simply alleged) Israeli atrocities. For someone who is pro-Palestinian, the same thing is reinforcing ... not cognitive dissonance when you find out your enemy is even worse that what you thought!

Yes I know. May I ask, have you resolved that in any way? I know that many women in politics feel they have to prove that they are tough, but still ...

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 11, 2024 11:55 am

gil wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm
gil wrote:

I think cognitive dissonance can be involved when a pro-Israel person is confronted with (real of simply alleged) Israeli atrocities. For someone who is pro-Palestinian, the same thing is reinforcing ... not cognitive dissonance when you find out your enemy is even worse that what you thought!

Yes I know. May I ask, have you resolved that in any way? I know that many women in politics feel they have to prove that they are tough, but still ...
Totally agree with the first part! Yes I have heard her explain it and am good with it but she is done in terms of National politics so it no longer matters.
dt

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Sun May 12, 2024 2:08 pm

....and as HC opines about the youth not knowing certain history....which is her way of excusing their behavior....and then praising herself by highlighting Bills two state peace agreement ....which Arafat rejected....I have to ask myself: if Hillary knows so much about middle east history, why doesn't she understand it ? Why is she blind to her own involvement as head of the US State Department/ global gunslingers under Obama where under the guise of 'peace' war was waged non stop ?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/R5TZq6N_KRg