So much for the theory that the homeless problem is due to housing shortage

Donn Beach

Re: So much for the theory that the homeless problem is due to housing shortage

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:39 pm

Yup, and not even the state, they are everywhere...

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:40 pm

The larger cities are always more expensive. Try living 200 miles away from the big city. It's harder to get drugs, so maybe that's not an option.

gil

Post by gil » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:42 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:40 pm
The larger cities are always more expensive. Try living 200 miles away from the big city. It's harder to get drugs, so maybe that's not an option.
I have zero contact with the illegal drug business these days, but when I was growing up in the Midwest, there was a lot of weed and coke in small towns. It was a subculture. Maybe not such blatant dealing as on 3rd Ave in downtown Seattle, but if you met people you could find stuff in any small town there I knew. I assume it's the same with fentanyl and the other shit going around these days. (Of course, I may have just supported your point, because you can't necessarily "see" where to buy drugs driving through a small town in Iowa or Michigan. You would have to meet people and gain some trust.)

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:05 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:42 pm
I have zero contact with the illegal drug business these days, but when I was growing up in the Midwest, there was a lot of weed and coke in small towns. It was a subculture. Maybe not such blatant dealing as on 3rd Ave in downtown Seattle, but if you met people you could find stuff in any small town there I knew. I assume it's the same with fentanyl and the other shit going around these days. (Of course, I may have just supported your point, because you can't necessarily "see" where to buy drugs driving through a small town in Iowa or Michigan. You would have to meet people and gain some trust.)
Did you see that someone was arrested the other day in Kirkland for possession with the intent to distribute.
The moron was passed out in his car on school property.
Had 100's of fentanyl pills and powder on his person or in his car.
Had meth on his person or in his car.
Had other controlled drugs on his person or in his car.
He actually told the cops that if they searched his home, they would find more.

gil

Post by gil » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:08 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:05 pm
gil wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:42 pm
Did you see that someone was arrested the other day in Kirkland for possession with the intent to distribute.
The moron was passed out in his car on school property.
Had 100's of fentanyl pills and powder on his person or in his car.
Had meth on his person or in his car.
Had other controlled drugs on his person or in his car.
He actually told the cops that if they searched his home, they would find more.
Geez ... I had not seen this. I wonder if drugs make people that stupid. Or if stupids simply propagates itself.

douche

Post by douche » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:07 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:06 pm
The entire state of Washington has their minimum wage over $15 per hour.
My take on minimum wage... you raise it to help people, but it hurts the economy. Because now you have business owners who have to pay a higher minimum wage to employ staff. Basic math says that they need to raise their prices to cover that wage. Then people complain that everything costs so much. Or they stop shopping/dining out altogether and the small businesses simply go away. It's a sad cycle.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:12 pm

There should be no minimum wage. There should be no child labor laws. Both are tyrannical.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:52 pm

douche wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:07 pm
Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:06 pm
The entire state of Washington has their minimum wage over $15 per hour.
My take on minimum wage... you raise it to help people, but it hurts the economy. Because now you have business owners who have to pay a higher minimum wage to employ staff. Basic math says that they need to raise their prices to cover that wage. Then people complain that everything costs so much. Or they stop shopping/dining out altogether and the small businesses simply go away. It's a sad cycle.
I agree, it's a vicious cycle.

Imagine this....farmers in this state must pay 16 year old kids minimum wage to move irrigation pipe. When you were 16 years old, if you made $15 per hour, would you really try at school?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:52 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:12 pm
There should be no minimum wage. There should be no child labor laws. Both are tyrannical.
We do agree on something, but tyrannical might be a bit much.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:21 pm
And that is if you are single income and exactly at minimum wage.
$38,000 per year. Subtract 70% and you get $11,400, which is very close to $1000 a month or $50 per month more. It is doable.