This is America today my Friends

DanielVogelbach

Re: This is America today my Friends

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:29 am

The 10×10 Student Loan Emancipation Act

Yang believes in more flexible student loan forgiveness to liberate borrowers from their debt burdens. To that end, he would propose the 10×10 Student Loan Emancipation Act, a plan that would allow students to pledge 10% of their salary for 10 years, at which point their remaining student loan balance would be forgiven.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:45 am

A debt is a debt and all debts must be honored.
If you stand for dishonor..then you stand with "cute programs" that encourage people to think that dishonoring a debt is cute.
If you don't have the resources to get through an exorbitantly expensive college to learn how to become one of our wealthy upper class..then too bad.
You can always get a marketable skill at little or no cost to acquire. Of course this career path might require hard, physical work but it WILL get you through life just fine. Just put down the bong, the video game controller, the bag of Cheetos and consider joining a low cost gym to better prepare yourselves for the rigors of making an honest living with a pair of work gloves, a tool box and a pair of boots on your feet.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:04 am

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:45 am
A debt is a debt and all debts must be honored.
If you stand for dishonor..then you stand with "cute programs" that encourage people to think that dishonoring a debt is cute.
If you don't have the resources to get through an exorbitantly expensive college to learn how to become one of our wealthy upper class..then too bad.
You can always get a marketable skill at little or no cost to acquire. Of course this career path might require hard, physical work but it WILL get you through life just fine. Just put down the bong, the video game controller, the bag of Cheetos and consider joining a low cost gym to better prepare yourselves for the rigors of making an honest living with a pair of work gloves, a tool box and a pair of boots on your feet.
You're missing the point... College doesn't open up a gate to the upper class, it enslaves you. Regarding other paths...

“College is being oversold to young people as the only path forward,” said Yang. “Many people heading to college feel like it’s the only thing to do, but it might not have been the right choice for them.”

That being said...

“College has gotten 250% more expensive in the last 25 years, and the quality has not changed in the same way,” said Yang. “[Colleges] have become administratively bloated and excessively bureaucratic.”

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:17 am

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:04 am

You're missing the point... College doesn't open up a gate to the upper class, it enslaves you.
Total BS dude. There is no way to reason with people who are so far out of touch with reality.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:30 am

If you are too stupid to be able to calculate ..to realistically calculate what the loan will end up costing you..then you have no business getting yourself into hot water to begin with.
I think people take unrealistic gambles on their future because real life doesn't come with a reset button..[as opposed to what life was like while being raised by Electronic Babysitters in Mommie's living room].
I'd love to perform some forensic accounting of 1000 or so of these "hardship cases" just to see exactly HOW much effort, sacrifice and austerity these debtors were willing to subject themselves to before throwing in the towel. Wanna bet that most of them ate out regularly, went to the movies, drove SUVs with dual exhausts, mag wheels, GPS navigators, Smart Phones, had their nails done, paid others to wash their car and change their oil, have a living room full of electronic games and gizmos...?

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:57 am

Some of the most needed jobs are
not learned in college!
Plummers, builders, farmers, etc.
You're mental capacity should not
be graded by if you go to college
or not!
Trade schools are needed more
than ever.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:07 am

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:57 am
not learned in college!
or not!
than ever.
Along with embracing structural reforms to the reduce the cost of education, Yang would encourage investment in vocational programs, especially at the high school level.

America needs to “invest in making trade schools, vocational schools, and apprenticeship programs much more prevalent in high schools,” he said, adding that some trades also offer a buffer against the trend toward automation.

“Jobs like air-conditioning repair or being a plumber are very, very hard to automate,” he said. “Some of the jobs that are being done by college students right now are more subject to automation.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:21 am

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:57 am
not learned in college!
or not!
than ever.
And imagine what would happen if college was free..........
dt

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:43 am

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:30 am
If you are too stupid to be able to calculate ..to realistically calculate what the loan will end up costing you..then you have no business getting yourself into hot water to begin with.
I think people take unrealistic gambles on their future because real life doesn't come with a reset button..[as opposed to what life was like while being raised by Electronic Babysitters in Mommie's living room].
I'd love to perform some forensic accounting of 1000 or so of these "hardship cases" just to see exactly HOW much effort, sacrifice and austerity these debtors were willing to subject themselves to before throwing in the towel. Wanna bet that most of them ate out regularly, went to the movies, drove SUVs with dual exhausts, mag wheels, GPS navigators, Smart Phones, had their nails done, paid others to wash their car and change their oil, have a living room full of electronic games and gizmos...?
“College has gotten 250% more expensive in the last 25 years, and the quality has not changed in the same way,” said Yang. “[Colleges] have become administratively bloated and excessively bureaucratic.”

The fact is our University system is tied in with the government, and it's a scam. They get tons of football revenue. Programs like Alabama and UT are as big as NFL franchises, and all the revenue is tax free. All the donations are tax free. All the tuition is tax free. They invest the money and the returns are tax free. Private school same thing. These are some of the most corrupt institutions we have in our country. You know that money is going to the Caymans. And the government gets paid, too...

“Right now it’s actually something of a moneymaker for the government, which doesn’t make sense given that this is meant to be a service to us, the citizens of this country,” said Yang. “Profiting off the backs of citizens’ indebtedness is not a business the government should be in.”

For many students, college is still the best path even with the massive price-tag. But, it's rather obvious that the educational system is sucking a lot more money out of students than it did in decades past.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Totally agree with that! But of course none of the Dems EVER bring up anything like cost controls for tuition or professor salaries. Have to keep their liberal indoctrination centers happy. Have evil Wall St. pay for it! Like Wall street has anything to do with it.
dt