What's your opinion?

Mel Bradford

Re: What's your opinion?

Post by Mel Bradford » Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 pm

The ploy of the Dems is to mash together science and politics.

Remember when the chicken littles said "global warming" was 'settled science" ?? translation: Its our political duty, America, to accept our regulatory mandates because they are "based in science".

Well, the same thing is happening. Science asks 'positive' questions and defines procedure in the form of alternatives. But the decision to implement (normative questions) and enforce as public policy are political one. See how the former can be used to ASSUME absolute and unquestionable political authority ?

OK, what about the CDC's own findings on the "social determinants of health". For decades the hue and cry from Liberaldom has been to end poverty at any cost. Now we have political policy to end a virus at the expense of unemployment, poverty and its inherent problems....with so-called science proffered as political mandate.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 15, 2020 10:16 pm

It literally snowed here in Boston in the Middle of May. I know, I know thats weather and not climate but I can't fathom how we go from snow in mid May in the Continental US to the world ending in 12 years due to global warming.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri May 15, 2020 11:12 pm

As if we dont remember the "hole in the ozone layer".

They always need a crisis.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 pm

bpj wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:12 pm
As if we dont remember the "hole in the ozone layer".

They always need a crisis.
Never let a crisis go to waste... Imagine being a political party that needs unhappiness and dissent and perceived inequity to thrive. How fucked up is that?
dt

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Sun May 17, 2020 2:44 am

Don't you think this virus has to
run it's course, like the flu, etc.?
If so, I hope it's done!!

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Tue May 19, 2020 3:03 am

The more I think about it, the
more I feel this virus will run
it's course. What do you think?

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue May 19, 2020 7:15 am

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:03 am
The virus ran its course.

If the media and experts hadn't kept HCQ a secret to push their $700 meds, it never would have been so bad.

The medias lies have quite literally become a matter of life and death. They must be dealt with as enemies of the state.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 am

bpj wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:15 am
Grandma Lynn wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:03 am
The virus ran its course.

If the media and experts hadn't kept HCQ a secret to push their $700 meds, it never would have been so bad.

The medias lies have quite literally become a matter of life and death. They must be dealt with as enemies of the state.
Good answer! That's the way I feel.
(but what does an old Grandma know!)

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Wed May 20, 2020 2:49 pm

What a couple months it has been.... The sunlight has exposed some of the rats in government

Remember when the Democrats were whining about Trump when he lost the next election that he would never leave the office....Boy that’s rich Especially when we are learning daily that the Obama cabal used every dirty trick they could find including several illegal acts to try and destroy the new administration

It’s just a guess...but that argument about Trump misbehaving during a transition might just come back to haunt them
If Trump should fail in his final duty as president to transfer power peacefully, the nation’s laws, norms, and institutions will be responsible for carrying out the will of the electorate. Should those fail too, then the American experiment’s greatest achievement will come to a grinding halt, and with it the hope that a republic can ever be kept.

BARBARA MCQUADE is a professor at the University of Michigan Law School. She was the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan and co-chair of the Attorney General’s Subcommittee on Terrorism and National Security in the Obama administration.
Shut your pie hole

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri May 22, 2020 3:25 am

Dan Bongino (@dbongino) Tweeted:
FINALLY. Enough of this bullshit. MUST WATCH 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻🔥
https://t.co/MyXF8ReyNS