OT: Great performances

HawkBowler 2.0

Re: OT: Great performances

Post by HawkBowler 2.0 » Sun May 09, 2021 3:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 pm
Wow, how wonder how many people either thought about splurging the extra 50 cents but didn't and how many said, this is going to be a great show, I am throwing caution to the wind and investing the entire $1.50! :lol:

Great stuff, Peter, thanks again for posting! :D
And only .25 cents for a back stage pass. :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun May 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Saw Fleetwood Mac at the Tacoma Dome a few years back. Was one of the few shows that Stevie Nicks performed with them. Until I saw them live I never really fully appreciated Buckingham on the guitar. They were impressive.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 09, 2021 4:05 pm

Saw Elton John at the T Dome about 15 years ago. The dude's got skills........
dt

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Mon May 10, 2021 9:27 pm

Not the best concert I ever went to, but definitely one of the best moments. I saw George Jones at the Paramount (Seattle) a few weeks after 9/11. For his encore, he did Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" --- not a dry eye in that entire venue. Strangers hugging strangers - surreal moment.

A way underrated band live was The Black Crowes. Probably my favorite band of all time - seen them 40ish times. Never disappointed - great live.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon May 10, 2021 10:55 pm

At this point, I have to give a shout out to Jethro Tull. A friend of mine was working at Sea-Tac in the early 70's when she was asked to meet some English guys coming in from London. She was originally from England so it was a natural fit. So she meets these guys as they come off the plane and it was the band, Jethro Tull. They were so enamored of this very pretty Brit that they offered her four tickets AND backstage passes! She, her boyfriend, and my girlfriend and I went to the concert and as luck would have it, we were invited to the after party! Sadly, I don't remember any of that party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWubhw8SoBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFhdIk5clYw

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon May 10, 2021 11:26 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:54 pm
These are all great - I love Rainbow. 2112 is one of my all time favorite albums - don't forget side 2 - 'Something for Nothing is outstanding.

Yeah, Stairway is always welcome - how many of you have seen Heart performing it at the Kennedy Center? If you haven't - this is an all time epic performance - imagine playing that solo in front of Jimmy. here is Heart (with Jason Bonham on drums!) blowing the doors off of Stairway - in front of Page, Plant and Jones (and David Letterman!). You can see the emotion in the eyes of Robert Plant - just a powerhouse performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZ_EFA ... MarkPakula
Is there anyone that hasn't seen this?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 11, 2021 12:01 am

WoodinvilleCoug wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:27 pm
Not the best concert I ever went to, but definitely one of the best moments. I saw George Jones at the Paramount (Seattle) a few weeks after 9/11. For his encore, he did Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" --- not a dry eye in that entire venue. Strangers hugging strangers - surreal moment.

A way underrated band live was The Black Crowes. Probably my favorite band of all time - seen them 40ish times. Never disappointed - great live.
Funny I saw his brother Tom twice at the Paramount. What's up Pussycat.....lol
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue May 11, 2021 2:41 pm

ddraig wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:55 pm
At this point, I have to give a shout out to Jethro Tull. A friend of mine was working at Sea-Tac in the early 70's when she was asked to meet some English guys coming in from London. She was originally from England so it was a natural fit. So she meets these guys as they come off the plane and it was the band, Jethro Tull. They were so enamored of this very pretty Brit that they offered her four tickets AND backstage passes! She, her boyfriend, and my girlfriend and I went to the concert and as luck would have it, we were invited to the after party! Sadly, I don't remember any of that party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWubhw8SoBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFhdIk5clYw
I saw Tull and Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the Gorge many years ago. To this day, it's still one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Watching Ian Anderson perform was mesmerizing. The guy was an exceptional musician and he gave his all in concert. Those videos don't give much credit to his flute playing, but damn, he was good! And one of the first bands to wear themed costumes in concert. I think this was this was 1972 here at the Coliseum. Nearly 50 years ago. God, I'm getting old!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 11, 2021 4:19 pm

Saw the Doobies at the Gorge; Journey and Yes at the Coliseum. Both were great.
dt