What is the point of this:

D-train

What is the point of this:

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 pm

(CNN)Federal authorities are treating the El Paso mass shooting as a case of domestic terrorism, according to the US Attorney for the Western District of Texas.

The Justice Department is also "seriously considering" bringing federal hate crime and federal firearm charges, which carry a possible death penalty, US Attorney John Bash said in a news conference.
Does it make people feel better to call it a hate crime as opposed to what, "a love crime". So they are "seriously considering" bringing firearm charges? Good to know. btw are they going execute him twice, one for the hate crime and one for the domestic terrorism charge? I guess 20 counts of murder was too simple.
dt

D-train

Re: What is the point of this:

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:46 pm

So are there raving lunatics at home watching this unfold saying to themselves, "Damn, I was going commit a mass shooting next week but I had no idea I might be charged with domestic terrorism" No way I am doing it now. That's a super duper serious charge! I think I will go to the beach instead.
dt

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Let me guess..does the shooter have a bunch of recent photos of himself in poses with a Confederate flag, MAGA hat, NRA tattoo, as well as a lengthy "manifesto" that explains in infinite detail what makes him a Trump supporting, Illegal Alien hating sociopath....?
Yes, Hate Crime is being introduced as a concept to get the Sheeple on board with the notion that we can [and will] enforce politically incorrect Hate Speech as well as Thought Crimes. Orwell saw this coming 80 years ago.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:55 am

It was a hate crime. He and others like
him, hate people. Maybe at first he
hated himself. Hard to explain why.
He probably doesn't know why he did it
either.
Can we blame this on drugs? Or is he
mentally deranged without the use of
drugs? Or (just thought of this) it's been
said that some of our young people are
treated with drugs to combat whatever
is wrong with them and they make them
do things like this. Usually it's for a reason
like the boys are "too active", etc. Not
really a good reason. Hyper is another
word I thought of.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:45 pm

what if he claimed it wasn't a hate crime - but a crime of passion? He just loved killing people so much...

Too soon?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:45 pm
what if he claimed it wasn't a hate crime - but a crime of passion? He just loved killing people so much...

Too soon?
I know, its just absurd when you think about it but for some reason everybody gets some sort of satisfaction out of it being declared a hate crime. :|
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:42 pm

I am sure the race baiters and trump haters will be disappointed about this regarding the Dayton shooting.
“We are not seeing any indication of race being the motive,” Biehl said. “But we are not through all the evidence. And so until we are through all the evidence we cannot rule that out. But I’m saying we are not seeing anything at this time to suggest race as a motive.”
dt

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm
auroraave wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Too soon?
I know, its just absurd when you think about it but for some reason everybody gets some sort of satisfaction out of it being declared a hate crime. :|
The news media and politicians prefer murder based on religion, race, or sexual preference versus indiscriminate killing. However, even indiscriminate killing provides a chance to slander the other political party if you finesse it right.

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Treating a crime or potential crime as domestic terrorism brings it under the purview of the PATRIOT Act which allows for a host of surveillance, investigatory and enforcement procedures that would otherwise not be available.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Oh, absolutely you've got to charge him with a hate crime. Look, if he pleads guilty and they give him 22 life sentences, he'll be out in 2,178 years. Better give him a few more years to make sure.

Or if he ends up getting 22 death sentences and it turns out he has Wolverine powers, we might need to give him a few extra zaps.