What is the point of this:

D-train

Re: What is the point of this:

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:20 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 pm
Oh, absolutely you've got to charge him with a hate crime. Look, if he pleads guilty and they give him 22 life sentences, he'll be out in 2,178 years. Better give him a few more years to make sure.

Or if he ends up getting 22 death sentences and it turns out he has Wolverine powers, we might need to give him a few extra zaps.
Right! :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:22 am

Happy as hell wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:19 pm
Treating a crime or potential crime as domestic terrorism brings it under the purview of the PATRIOT Act which allows for a host of surveillance, investigatory and enforcement procedures that would otherwise not be available.
That may be relevant in some cases but he is on video walking in and shooting dozens of people with hundreds of witnesses. I don't think that is necessary to convict.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:42 pm
I am sure the race baiters and trump haters will be disappointed about this regarding the Dayton shooting.
“We are not seeing any indication of race being the motive,” Biehl said. “But we are not through all the evidence. And so until we are through all the evidence we cannot rule that out. But I’m saying we are not seeing anything at this time to suggest race as a motive.”
The crazy thing is this guy shot and killed his own sister and they still feel compelled to investigate whether it was racially motivated. I guess he could have been racist against his own race???? The worst kind of racism!
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:29 am

I;m looking forward to the anti-gun lobby getting up on their soap box about banning guns. That should do the trick - no criminal ever got a gun illegally - we can sleep much safer at night. :P

Plus, we all know the best 'home defense' against home invasion robberies is thoughts and prayers. That ALWAYS turns out well. No need for any defensive measures - Jesus will take care of it. Ask Sharon Tate.

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:33 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 am
D-train wrote:
I am sure the race baiters and trump haters will be disappointed about this regarding the Dayton shooting.
“We are not seeing any indication of race being the motive,” Biehl said. “But we are not through all the evidence. And so until we are through all the evidence we cannot rule that out. But I’m saying we are not seeing anything at this time to suggest race as a motive.”
The crazy thing is this guy shot and killed his own sister and they still feel compelled to investigate whether it was racially motivated. I guess he could have been racist against his own race???? The worst kind of racism!
They are checking out conspiracy possibilities. Probably none, but they always check.

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:34 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 am
D-train wrote:
Reportedly, the sister was dating a black man. The venue was mostly black. Get the picture yet?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:15 am

So a rare leftist racist?

The Dayton shooter had an extreme left Twitter feed
From CNN’s Paul Murphy and Konstantin Toropin

A Twitter account that appears to belong to Dayton shooter Connor Betts retweeted extreme left-wing and anti-police posts as well as tweets supporting the violent protest group Antifa.

The most recent tweet on the @iamthespookster account was on Aug. 3, the day of the shooting, when he retweeted a post saying, “Millenials have a message for the Joe Biden generation: hurry up and die.” He also retweeted support for Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

Under the Twitter handle @iamthespookster, the user description says, “He/him / anime fan / metalhead / leftist / I’m going to hell and I’m not coming back.” One tweet used the hashtag #HailSatan.

In the hours before the Dayton shooting, the account “liked” several tweets about the El Paso shooting, including one supporting gun control and others that called the El Paso shooting suspect a “terrorist,” and a “white supremacist.”

The account also retweeted posts against US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, including one that said, “These people are monsters,” as well as multiple posts condemning police, and supporting Antifa. There were also many tweets of selfies, photos with a friend and ordinary memes and non-political content.

The account is no longer active, but Twitter would not confirm to CNN whether it had removed the account, only saying in a statement, “We're proactively removing content that violates our policies and will be engaged with law enforcement, as appropriate.”
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:15 am

So a rare leftist racist?
The Dayton shooter had an extreme left Twitter feed
From CNN’s Paul Murphy and Konstantin Toropin

A Twitter account that appears to belong to Dayton shooter Connor Betts retweeted extreme left-wing and anti-police posts as well as tweets supporting the violent protest group Antifa.

The most recent tweet on the @iamthespookster account was on Aug. 3, the day of the shooting, when he retweeted a post saying, “Millenials have a message for the Joe Biden generation: hurry up and die.” He also retweeted support for Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

Under the Twitter handle @iamthespookster, the user description says, “He/him / anime fan / metalhead / leftist / I’m going to hell and I’m not coming back.” One tweet used the hashtag #HailSatan.

In the hours before the Dayton shooting, the account “liked” several tweets about the El Paso shooting, including one supporting gun control and others that called the El Paso shooting suspect a “terrorist,” and a “white supremacist.”

The account also retweeted posts against US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, including one that said, “These people are monsters,” as well as multiple posts condemning police, and supporting Antifa. There were also many tweets of selfies, photos with a friend and ordinary memes and non-political content.

The account is no longer active, but Twitter would not confirm to CNN whether it had removed the account, only saying in a statement, “We're proactively removing content that violates our policies and will be engaged with law enforcement, as appropriate.”
[/quote]
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:46 am

I sometimes wonder if I was in a mass shooting situation (I would be unarmed) and in the blind spot of the shooter if I would try to take him down. I would like to think I would. At least that is the plan.

My luck I would wrestle the guy away from him and stand up with it just as police arrive and they would think I was the shooter and blow me away.
dt

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:55 am

My plan is to run like hell.