D-train

Re: 87k IRS new agents

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:52 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:55 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:05 pm
:idea:
How about the jobs being filled with people who take professional responsibility seriously, and don't bring their partisan agendas to work. :shock:
People who take professionally responsibility seriously have zero desire to work for the government. Do you ever consider the make up of 95% of liberals?

Teachers.
Journalists.
Government employees.
Career students.
Academia.
Activists.
Government dependents.

Detached from the reality of what it takes to survive and thrive in the real world.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:52 pm
gil wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:55 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:05 pm
:idea:
How about the jobs being filled with people who take professional responsibility seriously, and don't bring their partisan agendas to work. :shock:
People who take professionally responsibility seriously have zero desire to work for the government. Do you ever consider the make up of 95% of liberals?

Teachers.
Journalists.
Government employees.
Career students.
Academia.
Activists.
Government dependents.

Detached from the reality of what it takes to survive and thrive in the real world.
Geez now that you put it that way ... That 95% give the rest of us a bad name. :lol:

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:39 am

Think about this. Lets say your income keeps pace with the government induced inflation. That means your income at $100,000 a year goes up roughly 20% per year. How long before your income places you in the "rich" category even though you are only making what the Middle Class makes? And if the IRS is auditing $600 of transactions, how many times per year do you spend over $600? I just spent $2300 on a differential for my car. Does that flag the IRS? Probably. Your vacation places that into the "rich" category. So will the purchase of a new house or car. Any time you spend over $600, the IRS can flag you. How much will a party of eight spend at Ruth's Chris for dinner?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:57 am

ddraig wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:39 am
Think about this. Lets say your income keeps pace with the government induced inflation. That means your income at $100,000 a year goes up roughly 20% per year. How long before your income places you in the "rich" category even though you are only making what the Middle Class makes? And if the IRS is auditing $600 of transactions, how many times per year do you spend over $600? I just spent $2300 on a differential for my car. Does that flag the IRS? Probably. Your vacation places that into the "rich" category. So will the purchase of a new house or car. Any time you spend over $600, the IRS can flag you. How much will a party of eight spend at Ruth's Chris for dinner?
I had a birthday party for Lynda at a private room at Daniels in Bellevue about 15 years ago for about a dozen people and it was about $2k
dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:57 am
ddraig wrote:
I had a birthday party for Lynda at a private room at Daniels in Bellevue about 15 years ago for about a dozen people and it was about $2k
Rent, house payment, car payment, a few nights in a hotel. A flight to Europe or Asia. I think this $600 thing has been taken and used to feed unfounded concerns. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden ... ollar-irs/

By the way, it seems to me that most conservatives support the police, right? So when some Black community activist complains about systematic profiling, or unfair treatment of Blacks by police, most conservatives would say "don't do anything wrong, but if you are stopped, don't run and be respectful." Right? That is what I say. The police are dong their jobs on behalf of all of us.

So how come it's different with the IRS? I say, don't do anything wrong, but if you are contacted (I've had mistakes corrected by the IRS that did not trigger audits) be respectful. They are doing their jobs on behalf of all of us.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:43 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:03 pm
D-train wrote:
ddraig wrote:
Rent, house payment, car payment, a few nights in a hotel. A flight to Europe or Asia. I think this $600 thing has been taken and used to feed unfounded concerns. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden ... ollar-irs/

By the way, it seems to me that most conservatives support the police, right? So when some Black community activist complains about systematic profiling, or unfair treatment of Blacks by police, most conservatives would say "don't do anything wrong, but if you are stopped, don't run and be respectful." Right? That is what I say. The police are dong their jobs on behalf of all of us.

So how come it's different with the IRS? I say, don't do anything wrong, but if you are contacted (I've had mistakes corrected by the IRS that did not trigger audits) be respectful. They are doing their jobs on behalf of all of us.
The IRS agents don't need probable cause to enter your home....only an audit.
And, it doesn't matter if you made a mistake or not, you CAN be audited.
And, it doesn't matter if the mistake was intentional or not, you CAN be fined.
And, cops are highly trained people with a firearm and how to defuse a situation, I wouldn't expect IRS agents are.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:43 pm
gil wrote:
D-train wrote:

And, cops are highly trained people with a firearm and how to defuse a situation, I wouldn't expect IRS agents are.
I get what you are saying. Has anyone here (other than me) been audited? (It was downtown in an office and he was thoroughly professional.) Has anyone's home been entered by armed IRS agents? Not mine.

There are a lot of things you are responsible for even if it wan't "intentional". I've "unintentionally" received speeding tickets and failed to display parking passes.

But man, I sure hope IRS agents have that sort of training. Otherwise, they'd just be citizens exercising their 2nd Amendment rights! :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:17 pm

gil wrote:
D-train wrote:
ddraig wrote:

I am certainly not worried about being targeted. I just think it is a waste of money until they prove how much they recovered.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:16 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:43 pm
gil wrote:

I get what you are saying. Has anyone here (other than me) been audited? (It was downtown in an office and he was thoroughly professional.) Has anyone's home been entered by armed IRS agents? Not mine.

There are a lot of things you are responsible for even if it wan't "intentional". I've "unintentionally" received speeding tickets and failed to display parking passes.

But man, I sure hope IRS agents have that sort of training. Otherwise, they'd just be citizens exercising their 2nd Amendment rights! :lol:
Not yet.

Of course, we hadn't had a President targeted and raided either. Sooo...

You lib simps can act like the Biden admin is a normal presidency, but they're clearly trying to destroy the country from within.

It's not business as usual and it's pretty obvious. The former President was targeted. Every conservative that has spoken out in any way should be prepared for a visit from Bidens gestapo.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:32 pm

I find it sad that there are people out there that are happy to give up their 4th, 5th and 6th Amendment Rights without a fight.