See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town
Ooh-ooh
Try that in a small town
Please, show me where he speaks to faith and family. Haven't listened to the song but it doesn't sound very pleasant to me, it's all about being neighborly, sure. The site where it was filmed is controversial. It's famous for a lynching. He has declined to explain why he picked that site for the video. I don't see why stations should feel obligated to play it. It's not a bunch of libs, it's CMT.

Haven't been following it closely but I'm getting the impression Ron DeSantis's campaign has become a bit unglued, what you think?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Vivek anyone?

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:35 pm

Please, show me where he speaks to faith and family.
Faith and family typically lead to community....thus small town.
He is right in singing about how small communities are closer and more willing to stand up for one another.
Never heard it but it doesn't sound very pleasant to me.

Thanks for your opinion, but it means as much as mine.
This song will not be in my mix, as I don't care for country/western music. I guess you can keep listening to "cop killer" and other rap-type-noise...I won't stop you.
The site where it was filmed is controversial. It's famous for lynchings.
Is there a place in the deep south that can't be considered controversial for one thing or another?

There is actually a sign out there [on line] that says:
In 1834, nothing significant happened on this piece of property.
I don't see why stations should feel obligated to play it.
Why would any station feel "obligated" to play anything? Well, except for songs that make them money.
Haven't been following it closely but I'm getting the impression Ron DeSantis's campaign has become a bit unglued.
If you haven't followed it, how would you even know?

Sorry, I guess I'm feeling a bit ornery this morning, but your post (for tearing down the song) was full of "I don't know's" and "Don't follow it's". Which leads me to ask, Why in the hell did you post, except to get attention.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:34 pm

Come on, the song is aggressive, threatening, the imagery is violence. I don't see the community building anymore than I see the faith building. That was just a dumb thing for that guy to write, that it's about faith and family. That's the thing, love cop killer or hate it, but nobody is trying to play it off as being about faith and family. It's about politics, like the song in question here. Quit the bullshit and get real. There are lots of songs I like that deal in violence, Jamaican gun culture. They pretty much get the same treatment as the song in question here. But nobody is trying to make them out for anything but what they are, nobody is trying to claim they are about faith and family, and nobody is crying about cancelling.

Terms of DeSantis, I follow the news, I don't follow his campaign closely. The news these days seems to be lagging poll numbers, friction with the campaign staff, like this
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The long knives are out for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign manager amid a cash crunch and flagging poll numbers.

Generra Peck, DeSantis’ top aide, is “hanging by a thread,” said a DeSantis donor who is close to the campaign.
Bounty Killer, faith and family, check that, it's guns!
https://youtu.be/ycobPysfffE

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:42 pm

Pretty thin.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:01 pm

That doesn't really communicate anything. Really compare the two songs. They really are pretty similar.
. See how far ya make it down the road
Sure they take care of their own, so does the Mafia, so do the crips. That's not community building, that's tribalism. Again, it's not like I have anything against tribalism, just don't try selling it for something it's not, it's not faith and family, it's us against you

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:02 pm

I think America is speaking again...
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/j ... 1-backlash

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:01 pm
That doesn't really communicate anything. Really compare the two songs. They really are pretty similar.
. See how far ya make it down the road
Sure they take care of their own, so does the Mafia, so do the crips. That's not community building, that's tribalism. Again, it's not like I have anything against tribalism, just don't try selling it for something it's not, it's not faith and family, it's us against you
then tell me, what the fuck is a community?
To me, a community is the area you live....not the entire state, or even county you live in.

As for his song, it's powerful. It is basically saying "Not around here. We won't put up with that shit".

Ya know why I didn't give two squirts of piss about Sandy Hook?
Because it didn't happen in my back yard. It was a crying shame, but I didn't lose two winks of sleep about it.

So does the mafia and crips....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:36 pm

That's a community, a definition, it doesn't have to be a small geographical area, it can be about common shared beliefs, interests within a larger society. He is speaking to a community which basically compromises white people that feel threatened by black people within a larger society which is the united states
b
: a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:48 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:36 pm
That's a community, a definition, it doesn't have to be a small geographical area, it can be about common shared beliefs, interests within a larger society. He is speaking to a community which basically compromises white people that feel threatened by black people within a larger society which is the united states
b
: a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society
Where exactly is he talking about black people, or that white people are scared of black people.
I am going to assume you are making an assumption.

He is talking about the great majority of people that WILL NOT put up with this shit any longer. For example, why were very few people arrested and/or charged for all the ANTEFA shit 2 summers ago, but the January 6 spectacle is still front page news?
How many people died during all the Riots of 2021?
How much property damage was done in 2021?
--Then compare the property damage to the Capital Hill assembly--
How many people lost their businesses in the Riots of 2021?
Nancy was never in danger!
Why did the Mayor of DC turn down the additional law enforcement offer?
Why did AOC say that she felt that she was moments away from being assaulted when she was 20 miles away?

Don, I understand that you like to play the Devils Advocate, but if you don't understand the hypocrisy of the world today, you are a total idiot. That goes for this song as well. You are putting your assumptions in this song about being fed up and saying it's racist. Honestly, I'd say that you are racist for assuming such a thing.

And thank you so much for posting the Websters Dictionary definition of what a community is....it really didn't do a thing for your argument.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:57 pm

I'm not fed up with anything, I was born and raised in America and I feel I know it pretty well. If you don't want to believe the roots of the tension is rooted in the 150 years since emancipation, okay. Sorry but when we are talking the primal issues of safety and security we are talking race, the sooner that's faced, the sooner it's resolved