loaded with water. Long ago, on
tv they showed one country that
sprayed unruly crowds with a spray
that stunk! Make em think twice.
Any other ideas?

Cascade Kid

Re: How to control riots

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:08 pm

Deadly and damaging riots go against both US law and State law. Chop was a law breaking demonstration that Gov. Inslee ignored, thus breaking the law himself by calling it a peaceful demonstration and ignoring the property and personal liberty crimes happening.

I think in these settings law enforcement can go into a riot and do a legal and dutiful with the tools they already have when properly trained. But politicians have to let them do their jobs. Maybe we can use the water cannons on the politicians instead when stuff like this happens. :lol:

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:05 pm

Arm the police with very special paintball guns that have cameras on them. Fill the paint balls with colorful wolf urine. Aim for the legs. As people leave, you can both spot them and smell them. And you have them on camera.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:29 pm

I'll continue with your post...with a little amendment.

Arm the police with very special paintball guns that have ultra-strong wolf urine in each pellet. As people leave, we collect all that smell of urine and relocate them to the back-woods of Montana where nature will do it's thing.
:lol:

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:47 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Arm the police with very special paintball guns that have ultra-strong wolf urine in each pellet. As people leave, we collect all that smell of urine and relocate them to the back-woods of Montana where nature will do it's thing.
I'm all for this if you could identify the "rioters" accurately. But don't "riots" usually happen in cases where at least some people are assembling lawfully? Are you going to take away first amendment rights for the sake of coming down hard on rioters?

Also, aren't wolves the apex predators in these backwoods? (except where there are grizzlies) Maybe some extra strong deer urine would work the same.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:57 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:47 pm

I'm all for this if you could identify the "rioters" accurately. But don't "riots" usually happen in cases where at least some people are assembling lawfully? Are you going to take away first amendment rights for the sake of coming down hard on rioters?

Also, aren't wolves the apex predators in these backwoods? (except where there are grizzlies) Maybe some extra strong deer urine would work the same.
Grizzlies and Wolves have the same habitat.
Wolf urine....
Bear urine....

For all I care, make them smell like strawberries and leave them in the outback of Montana...that should attract some bears.

Good or bad people protesting, as soon as a riot breaks out, the good people should leave because it's no longer about them and their cause.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:38 pm

Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:57 pm
gil wrote:

Wolf urine....
Bear urine....

For all I care, make them smell like strawberries and leave them in the outback of Montana...that should attract some bears.

Good or bad people protesting, as soon as a riot breaks out, the good people should leave because it's no longer about them and their cause.
Bears really go for blueberries in the Cascades.

I wish policing could be so surgical. I'm all for Old Testament justice on people who are violent and cause harm to people or property. At the same time, I believe in a right to peaceful protest. Even if someone else ("rioter") is committing a crime nearby.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:04 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:38 pm
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:57 pm
gil wrote:

Wolf urine....
Bear urine....

Bears really go for blueberries in the Cascades.

I wish policing could be so surgical. I'm all for Old Testament justice on people who are violent and cause harm to people or property. At the same time, I believe in a right to peaceful protest. Even if someone else ("rioter") is committing a crime nearby.
But the peaceful protesters MUST be intelligent enough to realize that a riot could break out....and leave as soon as one does. In todays environment it is always possible...but people are typically stupid, even if they are peaceful.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:10 am

Walla Walla, thats just what I was
thinking. Leave if the "riot's get
out of control.
I've thought of leaving a mark on
them by some kind of paint.
You are all thinking, now please
can any of you put this to good
use?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:42 pm

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:10 am
Walla Walla, thats just what I was
thinking. Leave if the "riot's get
out of control.
I've thought of leaving a mark on
them by some kind of paint.
You are all thinking, now please
can any of you put this to good
use?
And the sad thing about it, it's always the same assholes at these peaceful protests that make them riots.
Remember the I-5 protests in 2020 during Covid when the City of Seattle had to shut down I-5. They traced a bunch of these protesters to other protests/riots in Seattle and Portland.
There were also a bunch of people in the CHOP area that were from Portland and a bunch of people from Seattle in the Portland riots.

It's all the same 200-400 idiots that are causing the problems.