special counsel in Hunter Biden case

gil

special counsel in Hunter Biden case

Post by gil » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Well, things may or may not be getting more interesting. David Weiss, the US attorney (appointed by Trump in 2018) and leading the Hunter Biden investigation for the Justice Department, apparently requested Special Counsel status this week, and AG Garland announced the appointment this morning.

The special counsel SHOULD be able to investigate all of Hunter Biden's activities, as well as anything connected to these (such as allegations against President Biden). But I noticed that some Republicans are already saying the appointment of the special counsel is part of a coverup. E.g., Jim Jordan of Ohio: "David Weiss can’t be trusted and this is just a new way to whitewash the Biden family’s corruption."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ag-gar ... al-counsel

Grandma Lynn

Re: special counsel in Hunter Biden case

Post by Grandma Lynn » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:12 pm

Hunter will probably overdose
before he's convicted or whatever
should be done.
Gosh, sometimes crime does pay!
But in the end it catches up with you.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:18 pm

Nothing will come of it. This is just more white house entertainment for the masses.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:18 pm

The guy who came up with Hunter's sweetheart deal that was not acceptable to the judge is now the Special Prosecutor? Gee. You think the fix is in?

gil

Post by gil » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:42 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:18 pm
The guy who came up with Hunter's sweetheart deal that was not acceptable to the judge is now the Special Prosecutor? Gee. You think the fix is in?
Good point; that isn't a good look. I do remember when the plea bargain was announced, the prosecutor said that the investigation wasn't over, and I didn't know what he was referencing. I have to assume it's something other than the 2 years of not paying taxes and the gun charge.