Tim Scott's candidacy

gil

Tim Scott's candidacy

Post by gil » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:25 pm

It's not news that Donald Trump is the Republican front runner, but I was surprised to see the FoxNews assessment that Tim Scott, along with Ron DeSantis, is a "contender" -- everyone else running is "in the conversation or an "outsider."

I find a lot to like about Senator Scott. I disagree with him on quite a few issues, but he is a solid conservative who has a positive, optimistic, forward looking message. With DeSantis having problems keeping momentum, and Trump having a few legal problems, I'm wondering if there is an opening for someone like Tim Scott.

Thoughts?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... mary-field
Attachments
Untitled3.jpg

Donn Beach

Re: Tim Scott's candidacy

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:45 pm

Don't know why that is. 538 has Ramaswamy in 3rd place at 4%, Scott, Pence at 3%. That to me is blatant manipulation. It's easy for a news outlet to help create a candidacy by how the handle their coverage. Fox already created DeSantis with their coverage of him. It does seem they have cooled on DeSantis. You have to be careful with Fox coverage. You're at the whim of whatever angle Rupert Murdoch feels like playing

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:45 pm
Don't know why that is. 538 has Ramaswamy in 3rd place at 4%, Scott, Pence at 3%. That to me is blatant manipulation. It's easy for a news outlet to help create a candidacy by how the handle their coverage. Fox already created DeSantis with their coverage of him. It does seem they have cooled on DeSantis. You have to be careful with Fox coverage. You're at the whim of whatever angle Rupert Murdoch feels like playing
I am seeing Ron at 15% Ramaswamy at 7% Pence at 5 and Scott at 2.

Scott is fine but I don't find him remotely having the it factor.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... /national/
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:13 pm

It would be interesting to see how things lay out if Trump drops out....where do the votes go?

gil

Post by gil » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:50 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:45 pm
I am seeing Ron at 15% Ramaswamy at 7% Pence at 5 and Scott at 2.

Scott is fine but I don't find him remotely having the it factor.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... /national/
Ah, data. :D

The FoxNews article points out that Scott is polling in double digits in Iowa and South Carolina, both "early voting" states. And that he has a sizable stash of cash to spend money leading up to the Iowa caucuses and SC primary. I'm inferring that is the reason they have him at #3, despite the national polling.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:54 pm

Okay, I can see that.

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:35 am

Can you run a country from
a jail cell?
Come to think about it, Trump
probably could!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:32 am

Read where the secret service is working on contingency plans for guarding the Donald in prison. An inmate with secret service protection, that be pretty cool. You could walk around eyeballing the hard cases. Trump would play it for all it's worth

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:24 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:32 am
Read where the secret service is working on contingency plans for guarding the Donald in prison. An inmate with secret service protection, that be pretty cool. You could walk around eyeballing the hard cases. Trump would play it for all it's worth
Guessing he would not be in with the serial rapists and axe murderers. lol
dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:24 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:32 am
Guessing he would not be in with the serial rapists and axe murderers. lol
I think there is a sit-com pilot in this scenario. The worst of the worst shouting at each other up and down the cell block.

"Who's the pretty boy?"

"All you guys are bad mofo's, but I draw the line at pedophiles and people who tried to overturn an election."

"There goes the neighborhood."