Tim Scott's candidacy

DanielVogelbach

Re: Tim Scott's candidacy

Post by DanielVogelbach » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:37 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:25 pm
Thoughts?
Zilch. I don't pay attention to the fake stage show. POTUS has no power whatsoever, so it matters not who it is.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 pm

Did you guys see the dumb bitches talking about him on the view. He says that he is a prime example that America is not a fundamentally racist country because if it were it would not be possible that he became a US Senator.

They said they he is an exception to the rule and that until ever African American can become a Senator the country is still racist. Seriously. :roll: :roll: :roll:
dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 pm
Did you guys see the dumb bitches talking about him on the view. He says that he is a prime example that America is not a fundamentally racist country because if it were it would not be possible that he became a US Senator.

They said they he is an exception to the rule and that until ever African American can become a Senator the country is still racist. Seriously. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I've never seen the view. And I think I am happier for it.

In this case, I don't think you can prove much from an N of 1. If there is racism, it isn't absolute, or Tim Scott wouldn't be a senator. But Tim Scott being a senator or Obama being president doesn't prove there is no racism.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:36 pm

It proves what I stated. Of course there are racist freaks of all races.
America is not a fundamentally racist country
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 pm

Don't they know that some white people are not electable as well?
Bunch of dumb bitches.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:26 pm

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:35 am
Can you run a country from
a jail cell?
Come to think about it, Trump
probably could!
I'd love to see State Dinners in a prison somewhere. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if Trump got Epsteined if he was in prison.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:36 am

Grandma Lynn wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:35 am
Can you run a country from
a jail cell?
Come to think about it, Trump
probably could!
Well, if you're the POTUS, you don't run anything, so....

gil

Post by gil » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:36 pm
You probably realize I'm a pretty analytical person, and I don't think I know what "fundamentally racist country" means. Of course I've heard the term, but it seems like it gets thrown around a lot in conversation and intellectually-sloppy writing. Kind of like "hurricanes, wildfires, and floods made more likely by climate change." :roll:

That said, I'm not going to deny that when the US was founded (1776) there had been slaves here for over 100 years. Or that slavery was legal in parts of the US for the first 90 years after that. Or that in many places there was effective disenfranchisement of former slaves and descendent of slaves for the next 100 years. And discrimination in university admission, housing, public facilities, etc. So yeah that is our history, but is that "fundamentally racist"? If I knew the definition, I could opine. :geek:

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:37 pm

Actually there has been slaves in 'the new country' for 1000's of years. Normally when tribes fought, the victors would enslave the losing tribe.

It was/is like this throughout history of our planet and still happens in some of the more remote places.

Slavery is not gone from our little blue ball, it's just on the decline and well hidden.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:38 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:43 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:36 pm
You probably realize I'm a pretty analytical person, and I don't think I know what "fundamentally racist country" means. Of course I've heard the term, but it seems like it gets thrown around a lot in conversation and intellectually-sloppy writing. Kind of like "hurricanes, wildfires, and floods made more likely by climate change." :roll:

That said, I'm not going to deny that when the US was founded (1776) there had been slaves here for over 100 years. Or that slavery was legal in parts of the US for the first 90 years after that. Or that in many places there was effective disenfranchisement of former slaves and descendent of slaves for the next 100 years. And discrimination in university admission, housing, public facilities, etc. So yeah that is our history, but is that "fundamentally racist"? If I knew the definition, I could opine. :geek:
It WAS fundamentally racist. Now all forms of racism other than affirmative action are illegal. Are there racists and examples of racism in the country like all countries, of course. Does systemic fundamental racism still exist today? Of course not. It is just made up nonsense by politicians to convince people to vote for them and by some groups to claim they are victims that should be entitled to benefits they don't have to earn and don't deserve.
dt