Re: Tucker/Vivek on The Hill - EPIC commentary on Corruption

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:22 pm

Thank you Gil.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:22 pm

gil wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:13 pm
I'd like to see more from Ramaswamy, without the inane commentary and without Tucker's facial expressions. I hope to watch the debate on Weds.

What does #9 mean (3 branches of government, not 4). Does this mean that some people are saying there is or should be a 4th?
I think he will kill it in the debates. I will be watching as well.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:32 pm

gil wrote:
I'd like to see more from Ramaswamy, without the inane commentary and without Tucker's facial expressions. I hope to watch the debate on Weds.

What does #9 mean (3 branches of government, not 4). Does this mean that some people are saying there is or should be a 4th?
Does he consider "The Swamp" as a branch of government?
He is just making a statement about the THREE EQUAL branches of government.

gil

Post by gil » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:42 pm

Interesting Wikipedia entry on the 4th branch of government. Various interpretations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_br ... government

1. The Press.

2. Grand juries (cites the late Justice Antonin Scalia, who say the grad jury is "a constitutional fixture it it own right")

3. Networks of influencers outside government (e.g.. defense industry, finance, lobbyists)

4. Administrative agencies

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:43 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:32 pm
gil wrote:

Does he consider "The Swamp" as a branch of government?
He is just making a statement about the THREE EQUAL branches of government.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/sta ... 32?lang=en[/tweet]
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:48 am

gil wrote:

The Press is often referred to as the Fourth Estate. I believe he is saying it should not have the power of a governmental branch, which at this point, they do.

Watched that whole interview. Smartest candidate in the election. I'd vote for him today.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:24 pm

maoling wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:48 am
gil wrote:

The Press is often referred to as the Fourth Estate. I believe he is saying it should not have the power of a governmental branch, which at this point, they do.

Watched that whole interview. Smartest candidate in the election. I'd vote for him today.
Read his tweet that I posted. He is talking about the Administrative state....
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:29 pm

What happens when the Department of Education is eliminated? Massive hit to school revenues all over the country. Local taxes go up or budgets for schools go down. Or am I missing something?

Oh, and "parents controlling what is taught"? Parents can control what is taught when parents foot the entire bill for K-12 education. I have no kids and I don't want to turn over education to parents as long as I'm paying thousands of dollars in property tax each year for their kids. I want experts, and yes, that includes people with education degrees who are administrators.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:44 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:29 pm
What happens when the Department of Education is eliminated? Massive hit to school revenues all over the country. Local taxes go up or budgets for schools go down. Or am I missing something?

Oh, and "parents controlling what is taught"? Parents can control what is taught when parents foot the entire bill for K-12 education. I have no kids and I don't want to turn over education to parents as long as I'm paying thousands of dollars in property tax each year for their kids. I want experts, and yes, that includes people with education degrees who are administrators.
If you eliminate the Dept. of Ed all that money you waste paying bureaucrats to do nothing goes to fund the schools...

Problem is a lot of the "experts" are far left loons hell bent on indoctrination instead of education.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:44 pm
gil wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:29 pm

If you eliminate the Dept. of Ed all that money you waste paying bureaucrats to do nothing goes to fund the schools...

Problem is a lot of the "experts" are far left loons hell bent on indoctrination instead of education.
Don't you need an "organization" (in the original sense, bureaucracy) to distribute the money?

A friend of mine is an education professor, and I asked her about indoctrination. She just about spit out her wine. She said that her Marxist students stay Marxists, and her Trump supporting student stay Trump supporters. She said that their job (in their certificate and graduate programs) is to prepare professionals who help their own students learn.