Maui Wildfires and Mr. Empathy

maoling

Maui Wildfires and Mr. Empathy

Post by maoling » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:13 am

I've been sickened about what happened to Lahaina and other places on Maui, upcountry in Kula, all over that beautiful island. My folks have had a family place nearby in Kapalua for nearly 50 years now; some of my friends moved there when we were all 19 and have never left. Second home for wonderful vacations over the decades.

To see sacred Lahaina burned to the ground like that and to know that with now 115 dead, there may still be as many as a thousand people or more who were incinerated and may never be accounted for shreds my heart. To listen to my old pal Tina, who lives upcountry in Kula, describe the anguish over there and the punchless and feeble response even after two weeks is something I can barely fathom.

To watch the local and state politicians scrambling and covering their asses is evoking a great anger and deeper hurt on that island and all over Hawaii. I can hear it in my friend's normally calm and accepting voice.

As bad as that is, for them to watch Joe Biden and his wife breeze in for six hours on Air Force One, make a bunch of empty promises, joke about how he almost lost his '67 'Vette in a conflated false story about a kitchen fire at his home, has left my friend's ears ringing. And as quickly as arrived, he was gone to continue his Lake Tahoe vacation in an $18 million-dollar mansion of a donor friend. After sitting on his Delaware beach in the days when Lahaina went up in flames in the deadliest fire this country has had in over 100 years.

I have no words for how heartless and rotten our president is.
Last edited by maoling on Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Re: Maui Wildfires and Mr. Empathy

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:04 pm

I almost instantly knew he would be the worst POTUS in history but he is now making a strong run at the worst human in US history....
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:48 pm

Wanna bet how long it takes Senile Joe to go visit Palm Springs and other cities in California that experienced floods? My guess is he'll get off his chair by the fire and shuffle out to the plane by the weekend to go tell those impacted by the flooding. He used to be a lifeguard and understands how water can effect others, don't you know! I don't care if you hate Trump or not, but how on earth can you vote for Biden? What has he done for the Country in three years? And he promised to bring us all together? B.S.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:04 pm
I almost instantly knew he would be the worst POTUS in history but he is now making a strong run at the worst human in US history....
The guy is a lying pig and a gutless coward. He sits on the beach while his weaponized federal agencies destroy his political rivals and his disgusting meth-head son licks his boots and lines the family pockets. I've never seen a scummier politician and that's a low bar to begin with.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:57 pm

On the other hand, Donald just oozed empathy

https://t.co/ZUGluB350u

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:57 pm

At least he didn't need to be shamed into going to a disaster site or tragedy.

Oh, and he stood there and answered questions from a hostile press 24/7.

Unlike this pussy who hides from the nation.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:24 pm

Donn Beach wrote:

This snippet seems like another Cherry-Picked item you use to bash what you don't like.
How about picking the entire video, what did he say before and after that 15 seconds?

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:28 pm

In the future, all dictionaries will have a picture of Joseph Robinette Biden next to the word, "GRIFTER."
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:24 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

This snippet seems like another Cherry-Picked item you use to bash what you don't like.
How about picking the entire video, what did he say before and after that 15 seconds?
But that would require him to actually do some homework on the subject instead of cherry-picking!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:34 am

Would it indicate empathy? That's the subject. Complaining about a lack of empathy and supporting Trump I find hypocritical
“I get nominated for three Nobel Peace Prizes on three different subjects. And I told the story the other night when I was in Florida, I told our First Lady ‘darling we’re going to have the greatest publicity I’ve ever had tonight.” He said that when he reached home what he saw on television was nothing related to the award and most networks were focused on covering the Iowa Floods. “I turn on the television, they talked about your floods in Iowa. They talked about how Iowa is doing the crops.” He further added that there were, “3-4 stories one after another” that came but they did not mention his nomination. He then asked, “Where is my Nobel Peace Prize that they don’t talk about?” by gt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:45 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:34 am
Would it indicate empathy? That's the subject. Complaining about a lack of empathy and supporting Trump I find hypocritical
“I get nominated for three Nobel Peace Prizes on three different subjects. And I told the story the other night when I was in Florida, I told our First Lady ‘darling we’re going to have the greatest publicity I’ve ever had tonight.” He said that when he reached home what he saw on television was nothing related to the award and most networks were focused on covering the Iowa Floods. “I turn on the television, they talked about your floods in Iowa. They talked about how Iowa is doing the crops.” He further added that there were, “3-4 stories one after another” that came but they did not mention his nomination. He then asked, “Where is my Nobel Peace Prize that they don’t talk about?” by gt
You think Mike is a big Trump supporter?
dt