Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:30 pm
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:26 pm

I appreciated the quote as well.
Thatcher was a great woman.
So you agree that men are only capable of talking and that only women can get things done???
No. But I do believe that men are responsible for more destruction in this world than women are.

I also believe that it takes a very powerful woman to get things done at Thatcher's level.....not every woman could do it.
Come on man, it was a great quote. Made to force the realization that she was the only woman on that stage.

AND....

I WAS THROWING DONN A BONE. I attack him so much for his lazy-liberal-dumb-assery on these boards I was trying to find something we could agree on. I think that's called growth.....please help me.
:D
dt

D-train

Re: The Debates

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:55 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:03 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:26 pm

I appreciated the quote as well.
Thatcher was a great woman.
So you agree that men are only capable of talking and that only women can get things done???
That was the quote
"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
That was the quote, funny I was just looking at it. I don't have a problem with it. What she is doing is reversing the stigma connected to women. A woman ran in the latest election here. It was the same sort of criticism. Oh she's very nice, lots of empathy. But she won't be able to get anything done.
Tim Scott: "If you want something said, ask a white person; if you want something done, ask a black person."

Mike Pence: "If you want something said, ask an atheist; if you want something done, ask a man or woman of God."

Vivek: "If you want something said, ask a politician; if you want something done, ask a business person." (ok bad example, that one is true. :lol: )

Christie: "If you want something said, ask a healthy good looking person; if you want something done, ask a fat troll." :lol:
dt

Mel Bradford

Post by Mel Bradford » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:59 pm

What a joke ! Reducing the debates to a sociology quiz. Who came up with that shit ?

Trump wins a debate without even being there. The reason that affords him the advantage is his America First stance. Before he opens his mouth you already know his governing philosophy. Its a standard that few can approach because they are long since poisoned by drinking from the Potomac. Middle America, small businesses, families. people of faith, the great majority understand him.

Four f-ing false indictments, two impeachments, a hostile press and weaponized ABC agencies....and he still charges ahead.

The Repubs don't deserve Trump. For the most part they've treated him like dirt. Cowards with no balls. They should have ended the debates in unity to withdraw from their political illusions and campaign for the Donald. Vivek for VP.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. Winston Churchill

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:55 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:03 pm
D-train wrote:

That was the quote
"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
That was the quote, funny I was just looking at it. I don't have a problem with it. What she is doing is reversing the stigma connected to women. A woman ran in the latest election here. It was the same sort of criticism. Oh she's very nice, lots of empathy. But she won't be able to get anything done.
Tim Scott: "If you want something said, ask a white person; if you want something done, ask a black person."

Mike Pence: "If you want something said, ask an atheist; if you want something done, ask a man or woman of God."

Vivek: "If you want something said, ask a politician; if you want something done, ask a business person." (ok bad example, that one is true. :lol

Christie: "If you want something said, ask a healthy good looking person; if you want something done, ask a fat troll." :lol:
I understand what you're trying to get at, but think you're missing the point of the quote. It's a very famous quote, it's the title of a biography about her. Those quotes would not be as famous because they wouldn't be communicating the same sort of response to a situation. Haley used it, I can kinda see it. Being there hasn't been a woman president. That's the criticism, talk and talk but nothing gets done. If you're happy with the status quo then continue electing men, but if you want to change Britain elect a woman. You need to elect a woman to get past the talk, and frankly thatcher walked the walk. She changed Britain. That's what Haley is trying to get at, you want action instead of talk? Elect a woman, and I seem to be the handiest
Last edited by Donn Beach on Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:08 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:17 pm

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
That's interesting, wanting to be liked is pretty primal

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:17 pm
If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
That's interesting, wanting to be liked is pretty primal
If you are still not liked after you achieve what you set out to achieve, was it a success?
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:53 pm

Yeah, I'm sure there were people that liked her but I think she felt generally disliked. Heck Winston Churchill was disliked, he was canned as soon as the war was over. But they were both successful

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:53 pm
Yeah, I'm sure there were people that liked her but I think she felt generally disliked. Heck Winston Churchill was disliked, he was canned as soon as the war was over. But they were both successful
When I was in Madeira last year I went to Churchill's Bay. He used to go on Holiday there and there is a statue of him. I sat in that chair and my driver took a pic of my one of the days Terry blew me off.

https://essential-madeira.com/en/index. ... hill-s-bay
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:17 pm

Ha! A bit of Terry information. You spent the money and time to visit but were not appreciated for it. You don't need to elaborate but that's been a real mystery. I was thinking some sort of fight but that makes sense now. That piss me the fuck off. It's worse than a fight. A fight you make up afterwards, getting blown off is just getting blown off, it's indifference, again I'm projecting.