GOP Debate Fun Facts

gil

Re: GOP Debate Fun Facts

Post by gil » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:17 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:55 pm
Trump had 4 years, two with a Republican Senate and House, to do an infrastructure plan. I never saw one. It happened in Biden's first two years. As I said, I supported Trump's intention. I support Biden's accomplishment.
And tell me, what happened in President Trump's first 2 years?
He fought with both sides of the isle because neighed wanted him there. Then after the first 18 months, the Republicans came around and actually accomplished something in that 6 months before they lost the house.

Then the next 2 years, President Trump was busy fighting the TWO impeachments.

So let's not be of the belief that he had "control" of anything.
You have some good points, although the Tax code changes happened in his first year, as I recall. Criminal Justice reform happened (passed with bipartisan support). But my point is that Trump never came up with even an infrastructure PLAN, much less proposed legislation. Similarly, he said he would have a replacement for the Affordable Care Act, and never came up with anything other than vague ideas. Sometimes, presidents get their initiatives voted down (e.g., Biden's "Build back better") but at least they have accomplished putting together a tangible proposal that can be discussed, amended, and voted on. Trump didn't do that with infrastructure and didn't do that with ACA replacement.

douche

Re: GOP Debate Fun Facts

Post by douche » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:42 pm

This, in a letter to a newspaper:

'It seems like some people actually like Donald Trump. Give your heads a shake, people. Trump lies about lies. If by chance, Trump is re-elected as U.S. president in 2024, kiss world peace, stability, democracy and freedoms goodbye.'

ROB MUSKAL

Response, from another reader:

'Rob Muskal does not want to see Donald Trump re-elected. So... he wants to see Joe Biden re-elected?

Trump (like Trudeau) is a very polarizing figure, but please make your voting decisions based on policy. Compare the state of the U.S. 2016-2020 to the U.S. 2021-2023.'

NAME WITHHELD

My point is this... remove emotion from the equation and vote as objectively as possible.