Masks are coming back!

Michael K.

Re: Masks are coming back!

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:17 pm

gil wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:55 pm
Seriously, I really doubt any federal "lockdown" or mandate any time soon. It's just too much of a political liability and the election is only 14 months away.
Inslee isn't running again right? That makes me scared that he is going to try one last fuck you to us all here in Washington!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:19 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:38 pm

I always say, American Politics love a great dividing line. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that based on what we do know about the new variant at this time and the rumors of the Federal government implementing 'control' tactics where it can to first lead the charge, that the mask mandate is more about politics than health concerns.

Be sure to make your Costco run now so you can still wipe your asses in December :lol:
Yep. I said the same thing about the outrage over a damn country song a few weeks ago. There was literally nothing racist about it, but all of a sudden we needed racial tension. I grew up in a small town, and I agree that you don't want to try that shit there! My son dropped me off at a fantasy draft last weekend in my old home town and went off in the hills to mess around with his pickup and gun, etc. Tells me when he got back that he messed up and was on private land for a little bit. Said "it's OK, I didn't get shot at." LOL, not far from the truth in small towns. Yet somehow that song was about race.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:19 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
gil wrote:
Seriously, I really doubt any federal "lockdown" or mandate any time soon. It's just too much of a political liability and the election is only 14 months away.
I do agree in doubting a lockdown would take place on the level we saw a few years back. But it is very interesting to hear masking rumors again, especially since even the High and Almighty CDC doesn't have much data about the BA.2.86 variant to determine the current vaccine's epidemiology against this new variant. The new variant cases are still so very few to determine anything at all.

It is very curious however, that the timing of these rumors align with the political debates and primaries during a major election cycle period.

I always say, American Politics love a great dividing line. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that based on what we do know about the new variant at this time and the rumors of the Federal government implementing 'control' tactics where it can to first lead the charge, that the mask mandate is more about politics than health concerns.

Be sure to make your Costco run now so you can still wipe your asses in December :lol:
This administration is run by Obama, and most of his former cabinet members and his czars.
They are going to "force" everyone to comply, or they will die.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:34 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:19 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
gil wrote:
I do agree in doubting a lockdown would take place on the level we saw a few years back. But it is very interesting to hear masking rumors again, especially since even the High and Almighty CDC doesn't have much data about the BA.2.86 variant to determine the current vaccine's epidemiology against this new variant. The new variant cases are still so very few to determine anything at all.

It is very curious however, that the timing of these rumors align with the political debates and primaries during a major election cycle period.

This administration is run by Obama, and most of his former cabinet members and his czars.
Let's not get hasty.

They tried to force shut-downs last time and it was a very temporary thing...mostly because people were scared of what they were being told Covid was. People are too well informed now with all the bullshit and lies the left and the MSM told them the last time. Most centrist and righties will not be the lemmings that our left-political class wants us to be.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:37 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:34 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:19 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:

Let's not get hasty.

They tried to force shut-downs last time and it was a very temporary thing...mostly because people were scared of what they were being told Covid was. People are too well informed now with all the bullshit and lies the left and the MSM told them the last time. Most centrist and righties will not be the lemmings that our left-political class wants us to be.
I just hope that they don't trt and force it on us Healthcare workers again. They told us we would lose our jobs right up until the last week, and then backed off. I plan to exercise my "its's against my religious rights", even though I'm not religious, but Christian if they try to mandate Vaccines again.