Re: My trip to the MIT Museum today

Post by douche » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:07 pm
douche wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:13 pm
DanielVogelbach wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:48 pm
I see indoctrination everywhere I look and everywhere I go. If you don't see it, then you're probably still indoctrinated yourself. You probably attended a K-12 government indoctrination program, watched a bunch of Hollywood movies, tuned into the "news", went to sporting events and stood up for the national sing-a-long, and you're not seeing the cult nature of it all quite yet.

Truth!
You're not into patriotism?
To be honest, no. Mostly lemming behavior.

In popular culture, a longstanding myth holds that they exhibit herd mentality and jump off cliffs, committing mass suicide. :D

gil

Post by gil » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:21 pm
gil wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:01 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:42 pm
Lynda and I drove up to Cambridge and went to the MIT museum which is just a few blocks from my office today.

I went expecting to see some creative Applications of AI or some new cutting edge Robotics exhibits.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW INSTEAD. They should rename the school MILT (Massachusetts Institute of Liberal Technologies)

Here are of few of the wacko ideas they had on display

1. Genetically altering chickens to have pink feathers and eggs so that people would be less likely to kill and eat them because pink is the most anti hetero masculine Patriarchal color and would likely significant reduce "violence" towards chickens

2. A woman was working to find a way to allow woman to produce their own semen so not only could two woman reproduce a biological child but a single woman could clone herself eliminating the need for a partner to reproduce

3. There was a video of a woman walking around an Art studio with a strap on Dildo trying to replicate Jackson Pollock paintings by dipping the dildo in paint and flinging at at the canvas. She said she choose this technique because Pollocks method has often been regarded as ejaculation. How that is remotely in a Technology museum I have no fucking clue. I thought I was getting punked and we left about half way through to avoid going insane.

Thought you guys would like to know what the best and brightest in the country are focused on. And people say liberal indoctrination is a conspiracy theory. I saw it with my own eyes today.
Hey now, are you dissin' my alma mater? :)

Seriously though, I think these are all pretty ridiculous. But ... are these representative of the museum? I didn't find anything like this on the museum's web page. I get the alumni stuff and read MIT Technology Review, and I've never run into anything like this. So I take issue with your assertion that MIT is "focused on" these things.

Plus, where is the indoctrination? I don't see indoctrination, even if these 3 things were the sum total of the museum. I'm really interested in your perspective on this.
Certainly Every project they are working on isn't represented in the museum yet they somehow came to the conclusion that these projects were worthy of being chosen to be displayed for public consumption. Was it because any of them have a snowball's chance of coming to fruition and benefitting humans??? No, it was their way of promoting their wacked out far left view of the world that woman should not need men to procreate, that eating chicken is horrid and barbaric and that painting using a strap on dildo is a reasonable and meaningful art form....

They are also normalizing this nonsense and creating a platform for like minded lunatics to perpetuate this stuff. I would also argue the fact that these four people that came up with this are victims of indoctrination because there is no way in hell any sane person is simply born with these notions in their heads.....
I agree that this is nonsense, but my comment was more about [1] how much of the museum is dedicated to this and [2] how much of what goes on at MIT is represented by this. I hope it's very little and close to infinitely small. As I said, my exposure to what is going on at MIT includes nothing even close to this. But I don't buy the normalization/indoctrination line of thought. It's challenging and makes you think. Or you just walk on to something more interesting and forget about it.

https://mitmuseum.mit.edu/collections/c ... ons-search There is a lot of stuff here, and what you saw doesn't jump out at me. You must have just made an unlucky turn. ;)

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:05 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:31 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:07 pm
douche wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:13 pm

Truth!
You're not into patriotism?
To be honest, no. Mostly lemming behavior.

In popular culture, a longstanding myth holds that they exhibit herd mentality and jump off cliffs, committing mass suicide. :D
Okay, interesting

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:25 pm

Not being Patriotic about indisputably the greatest country in the history of the planet is pretty irrational imo.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:25 pm
Not being Patriotic about indisputably the greatest country in the history of the planet is pretty irrational imo.
Yes, agree. But we are such a great country that we (as individuals) can say horrible, vile things about our presidents, and not suddenly fall out of hotel windows.

And we don't require people to be patriotic.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Screenshot 2023-09-08 172716.jpg

douche

Post by douche » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Fair statement. There's nothing wrong with patriotism per se. It's just that patriotism can become very maligned and misused at times, and can blind people to what's really happening.

As an example, I wasn't feeling all that patriotic when Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld stated day after say that they were going after Bin Laden, (only to realize that they couldn't find him), so they shifted course overnight and chose to chase down Hussein. So they went over and bombed the hell out of Baghdad.

Is Hussein a bad man? Sure, but he didn't have any weapons of mass destruction, as the Bush administration claimed. A lot of casualties in that war. It just doesn't (and still doesn't) sit well with me.

Just my opinion.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:07 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Fair statement. There's nothing wrong with patriotism per se. It's just that patriotism can become very maligned and misused at times, and can blind people to what's really happening.

As an example, I wasn't feeling all that patriotic when Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld stated day after say that they were going after Bin Laden, (only to realize that they couldn't find him), so they shifted course overnight and chose to chase down Hussein. So they went over and bombed the hell out of Baghdad.

Is Hussein a bad man? Sure, but he didn't have any weapons of mass destruction, as the Bush administration claimed. A lot of casualties in that war. It just doesn't (and still doesn't) sit well with me.

Just my opinion.
I tend to agree.

I was never a Bush/Cheney fan. They both liked war too much and spend to damned much money.