Are these guys and gals nuts?

ddraig

Are these guys and gals nuts?

Post by ddraig » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:57 am

Democrats have launched a proposal in the state of Washington to put in jail those who use gasoline-powered lawn mowers.

There are news reports that the plan from state Reps. Amy Walen and Liz Berry specifies jail for those "law-abiding citizens" if they are caught using gas-powered gardening tools. Whalen represents Olympia. Berry represents downtown Seattle.

They say that will help in their fight against "climate change," a political agenda that a coalition of some 1,600 scientists has described as not being any emergency.

The lawmakers' plan, House Bill 1868, demands no more emissions "from outdoor power equipment."

https://www.wnd.com/2023/12/use-gas-pow ... ms-demand/

My alternative, should this pass, is to stop mowing completely.

D-train

Re: Are these guys and gals nuts?

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:57 am

I confirmed this is a true story.

https://mynorthwest.com/3942654/rantz-d ... f-blowers/

Jail is insane, but I have been mowing my lawn for over 20 years and never owned a gas powered mower, blower or edger. Can't imagine why anyone other than professional landscapers would due to the noise, smell and need to go buy fuel.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:12 pm

I mow an acre of very thick grass. Sometimes I need to mow it 2-3 times because it gets too thick and I don't like the grass clumps....and that's with my new mower.

My old mower mows around the farmstead; what that means is the weeks (foxtails, kosha, and other assorted weeds) every couple weeks.

No battery powered mowers or yard equipment would be able to handle any of this.

But then again, I live on, and care, for a farm.

More stupid fucking laws that will affect nobody, but make them feel good because they are controlling the masses.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:16 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:12 pm
I mow an acre of very thick grass. Sometimes I need to mow it 2-3 times because it gets too thick and I don't like the grass clumps....and that's with my new mower.

My old mower mows around the farmstead; what that means is the weeks (foxtails, kosha, and other assorted weeds) every couple weeks.

No battery powered mowers or yard equipment would be able to handle any of this.

More stupid fucking laws that will affect nobody, but make them feel good because they are controlling the masses.
Yes, great point. I have had lawns that makes a postage stamps look pretty big so battery powered easily handles it. Totally agree about the inane laws. Gas Lawn equipment probably accounts for less than 1 trillioneth percent of global emissions.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:27 pm

btw with that much yard I put you in the Professional landscaper bucket!
dt

Grandma Lynn

Post by Grandma Lynn » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:51 pm

Oh, God, what next?
This must be close to the end
of the world!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:00 pm

Dear Grandma Lynn, I was at the Dr. office and they asked a guy who I thought was in his 60s what his B day was and the year was 1933 making him 90. My Dad was born in 1938. I know it isn't polite to ask a lady how old she is but what year were you born? :)
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:00 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:27 pm

btw with that much yard I put you in the Professional landscaper bucket!
Nothing professional about it. I have a 46" Cub Cadet riding mower that get's used on the average of once every 4 days. It's my therapeutic lawn mower time.....nobody bothers me when I'm mowing. I sit there, steer the mower and listen to music working out the days issues.
No trees;
No bushes;
The only flowers and plants are out of my way.

Just grass.

Oh, I do have a battery power weed wacker, so I am partially green.....literally my legs are green if I wear shorts when weed wacking. :lol:

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:03 am

3 years ago we purchased and built a house in the southeast corner of this field.
Google satellite view still hasn't updated, when they do, I will post another pick.

40 acres
1,320 linear feet by 1,320 linear feet
Attachments
my40.png
my40.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 388 times

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:21 pm

Wow that is a big chunk of Earth. Here is mine. Takes me about 11 minutes to mow it and another 7 to edge it. lol
2.jpg
2.jpg (40.7 KiB) Viewed 379 times
dt