Down to Trump or Haley

D-train

Re: Down to Trump or Haley

Post by D-train » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:39 pm

Vivek's religious beliefs is a total blind for me because I couldn't care less. In fact I am so shallow, Noem's hottness is 1000x more important to me than religion lol and the first woman POTUS being a staunch conservative would be glorious.

And while she is obviously full conservative I don't think she is even close to MTG and Lake in terms of being controversial in a bad way. Would love to hear what others think about this.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:15 pm

I don't really like VR, seems like he's too much about himself, but at least he has read some history unlike 90% of all Americans. Watch as he shares some with this black trash victimologist, like talking to one of those Sesame Street toys with a string that you pull to make it say something lol...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eK-2uZBvX ... bWFpbmU%3D

gil

Post by gil » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:51 pm
gil wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:12 pm

MTG and Lake would be completely disastrous picks and would guarantee keeping Biden in the WH for 4 more years. Vivek has said he doesn't want to be VP but would likely be a good choice. My first pick is Noem. Love her on every level.
Tim Scott? Elise Stefanik? Neither has been critical of Trump in the slightest, unlike some other otherwise logical possibilities. Is Trump open to selecting as VP someone who has been a critic?

Here is something from Ramaswamy's 2022 book, "Nation of Victims":
It was a dark day for democracy. The loser of the last election refused to concede the race, claimed the election was stolen, raised hundreds of millions of dollars from loyal supporters, and is considering running for executive office again.

I’m referring, of course, to Donald Trump.

Conservatives have their own victimhood complexes these days; we are, after all, a nation of victims now. All that differs is whom we see as our oppressors. The worst victimhood narrative that afflicts modern conservatives is their budding belief that any election they lose must have been stolen. Instead of distinguishing ourselves as the party that strives for excellence and rejects the easy path of victimhood narratives, we simply created our own. ...

So I was especially disappointed when I saw President Trump take a page from the Stacey Abrams playbook. His claims were just as weak as Abrams’s. She claimed voter suppression, he claimed voter fraud. He filed scores of lawsuits over various claims of fraud, as was his right, but they came nowhere close to changing the outcome in a single state, let alone the several swing states whose results he needed to overturn. In many cases, judges the president himself had nominated ruled against him, a sign of health in our nation’s institutions. Of the sixty-two lawsuits he and his supporters filed, he lost all but one, a minor victory in Pennsylvania that affected few votes. A Supreme Court with a strong conservative majority ruled against President Trump twice.

Top election officials in virtually every state, regardless of party, said they’d found no evidence of any significant level of fraud.
Scott and Elaine are pretty good politicians but neither are particularly likable or charismatic and would not be strong POTUS candidates in 2028 which is the most important criteria....
I agree that a strong 2028 candidacy should be really important ... and the Republican Party should agree. I'm not sure Trump is thinking that way, however. I'm assuming he is thinking of someone who will help him win AND look good doing so. That means to me that former (or current) critics are going to have to do a lot of ass kissing to get selected.

I've read about the 1980 Republican ticket, when Reagan picked George HW Bush. Bush, in contending for the nomination, used the term "voodoo economics" in criticizing Reagan's supply side cut-taxes-to-grow-revenue platform. Seems like that would have been a pretty brutal attack on a centerpiece of Regan's candidacy. But Reagan still picked Bush.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:23 pm

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:24 pm

Another reason why Noem would be good. She didn't run so didn't have to say anything bad about him.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:25 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:23 pm
I don't get it. What is the significance of all the colors?
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:25 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:23 pm
I don't get it. What is the significance of all the colors?
Huh????

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:35 pm

Oh I didn't know it was a vid! :lol:
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:37 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:35 pm
Oh I didn't know it was a vid! :lol:
I was like what are you talking about? :lol: I'm gonna send you a bag of Rifle Company coffee for you're Bday!

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:36 am

LOL, it must have killed NBC to report that their own poll has Trump over Biden by five percentage points 47% - 42%.

But alas, they are such scumbag hacks, they glossed over the lead and instead of reporting it as a straight news story, their lead was "Yeah, Trump is way ahead, but if he gets convicted, it is way closer."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna137087

I wonder how the Dems are going to steal this election if Trump leads in almost all the battleground states and even the most liberal polls have him way ahead. I put nothing past the most corrupt and dirty political party in American History.