Down to Trump or Haley

Donn Beach

Re: Down to Trump or Haley

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:53 am

It was part of the poll, that was the news. That would indicate limits to his support. That seems a surprising finding to me. There hasn't seemed limits, like he claimed he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and it not affecting his support. Seems like a question that would have come up before, wonder what other polls indicate
But when the survey’s final question re-asks voters what their ballot choice would be if Trump is found guilty and convicted of a felony this year, Biden narrowly pulls ahead of Trump, 45%-43%

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:44 am

Just saw Kristi Noem on the the Hannity show and he showed a clip of Trump on Maria Bartiromo's showing saying Kristi was on the short list. He asked her about it and she said it was kind of him to say.

I think my wish might come true!
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:18 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:44 am
Just saw Kristi Noem on the the Hannity show and he showed a clip of Trump on Maria Bartiromo's showing saying Kristi was on the short list. He asked her about it and she said it was kind of him to say.

She could eat Kamala's lunch in a debate.

gil

Post by gil » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:04 pm

maoling wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:18 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:44 am

She could eat Kamala's lunch in a debate.
Two things I have found of interest this week.

Haley lost to "none of the candidates" in the Nevada primary by a margin greater than 2-1. (Trump was no on the primary ballot.)

Kellyanne Conway (Trump's campaign manager in 2016 and Senior Counsellor to the President from 2017-2020, and a professional pollster) has an op-ed in the New York Times that concludes that Trump's VP choice should be a Black man.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:53 pm

I have no idea what your first statement even means.

Conway is 5 months and 3 days older than me. Just noticed that.

Seems to me there are a lot more undecided white suburban women that would be intrigued with having the first woman POTUS in 5 years than undecided Black men that would only vote for Trump if he chose Tim Scott.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:53 pm

Seems to me there are a lot more undecided white suburban women that would be intrigued with having the first woman POTUS in 5 years than undecided Black men that would only vote for Trump if he chose Tim Scott.
I should have written "Here are two things ..." and put numbers 1 and 2 before the next two statements.

She a young pup too then? :)

Conway wrote "a woman is more likely to vote for someone who shares her values and vision than her gender" and (talk about a statement that I have no idea what it means) "any woman Mr. Trump chooses will be denigrated as not enough of a/not a real/not a relatable woman." If I understand (channeling my Conway translator), she meant that any women on the ticket with Trump would be criticized as "not enough of a woman" and "not a real woman" and "not a relatable woman." You know, the usual misogyny that comes from the left. ;-)

And looking back at the article, I realized that Conway didn't specify Black, she said "person of color", although all her examples were men.

The last VP to directly become POTUS following his successor was GHW Bush in 1988 (who received my first vote for President).

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:37 pm

gil wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:53 pm

I should have written "Here are two things ..." and put numbers 1 and 2 before the next two statements.

She a young pup too then? :)

Conway wrote "a woman is more likely to vote for someone who shares her values and vision than her gender" and (talk about a statement that I have no idea what it means) "any woman Mr. Trump chooses will be denigrated as not enough of a/not a real/not a relatable woman." If I understand (channeling my Conway translator), she meant that any women on the ticket with Trump would be criticized as "not enough of a woman" and "not a real woman" and "not a relatable woman." You know, the usual misogyny that comes from the left. ;-)

And looking back at the article, I realized that Conway didn't specify Black, she said "person of color", although all her examples were men.

The last VP to directly become POTUS following his successor was GHW Bush in 1988 (who received my first vote for President).
The next possibility was in 2000 when the inventor of the internet idiot Gore barely lost. In 2008 Cheney didn't run and in 2016 Biden didn't run. So 0-1 with a SCOTUS decision deciding the election.

Noem would run after 4 great years of Trump and would probably win in a landslide at age 56 with 5 years of experience as a Governor and 4 as a VP.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:58 am

Whether Noem runs for Veep or not won't matter for the Electoral College. South Dakota will still vote Red. That's the only thing I have against her. Which is why I lean more toward Kari Lake. She'd bring Arizona with her. And that couldn't hurt. And she, too, would eat Kamala's Lunch and take her dinner money, too!

gil

Post by gil » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:12 pm

It's great to carry your home state (i.e., moving Arizona from R to D), but the election will turn on other close states also: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Nevada, perhaps North Carolina. If 2024 were to be a repeat of 2020 except for switching Arizona, Biden still would win.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:03 pm

ddraig wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:58 am
Whether Noem runs for Veep or not won't matter for the Electoral College. South Dakota will still vote Red. That's the only thing I have against her. Which is why I lean more toward Kari Lake. She'd bring Arizona with her. And that couldn't hurt. And she, too, would eat Kamala's Lunch and take her dinner money, too!
Trump already has a pretty good lead in AZ and I think Lake will cost him almost every other swing states.

He could choose an Armadillo as VP and it would beat Kamala in a debate.
dt