Mel Bradford

Thanks China

Post by Mel Bradford » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 am

Grandma Lynn

Re: Thanks China

Post by Grandma Lynn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:27 am

Mel Bradford wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 am
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/deadly-fen ... 019-09-15/?

None dare call it .....a war.
I've heard of fentanyl for a long time.
Wasn't it suppose to be used as a drug
for operations?
But this "fake" fentanyl is not the same
as the "real" drug, as we are seeing.
You're right, "thanks China".

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Legalize all drugs and let our "Progressives" enlighten themselves to their heart's content with as much high potency dope as they can swallow.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:11 pm

There's no way for the user to know how strong their stuff is. Sometimes they don't even realize they're using fentanyl. Plenty of people are hooked on prescription opiates like oxy, Percocet, Vicodin, codeine, etc. You don't see as many overdoses with those, because they know exactly how strong their doses are. The main draw to heroin / fentanyl is that the products are cheaper than trying to score Percocet or oxycontin.

Kind of lame to have a country full of addicts and overdoses and point the finger at China. This is our own problem. We need to own it. China should be able to make all the fentanyl they want, and we should have a prosperous nation that's not interested in bombing our brains full of opiates.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:11 pm
There's no way for the user to know how strong their stuff is.
A simple potency test..at first take a miniscule [infinitesimally small] amount...?
Does the same generation that needed to have cooking instructions included on packages of hamburger need this sort of guidance?

The heroin addicts I was stationed with in Germany had their own test. If what The Turks sold them that night was any good it would make them puke. If the medics needed to be called to give an "overly medicated" soldier a shot of adrenaline in order to save his life..then it was really good stuff.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 pm
DanielVogelbach wrote:
A simple potency test..at first take a miniscule [infinitesimally small] amount...?
Does the same generation that needed to have cooking instructions included on packages of hamburger need this sort of guidance?

The heroin addicts I was stationed with in Germany had their own test. If what The Turks sold them that night was any good it would make them puke. If the medics needed to be called to give an "overly medicated" soldier a shot of adrenaline in order to save his life..then it was really good stuff.
Purdue Phama (OxyContin) just filed for bankruptcy - over 2500 lawsuits filed against them over now on the opioid epidemic they have supposedly fueled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49711618

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:31 pm
DanielVogelbach wrote:

Seems wise to go way smaller than you think, especially when it's now widely known that the stuff is cut with fentanyl. In that 60 minutes dude was saying his son overdosed and didn't even finish injecting himself.

https://www.injuryrelief.com/wp-content ... -doses.png

Naloxone brand name Narcan is the injection to counteract opiate overdoses. It works if the paramedics get there in time. Kind of nice to have medics on stand by. But, even that didn't work for Michael Jackson.

It's interesting to see China playing this role given their history with the Opium Wars. But, I don't really think we can blame them for our own appetite for opiates. All of the illegal drug trade is fueled 100% by consumer demand. Legalization cuts off the criminal aspect, and it would reduce overdoses. Opponents will say it will encourage people to use the dangerous drugs. Well, we didn't see a huge rise in weed smokers when we legalized that, so I wouldn't expect a bunch of average Joes to start shooting up smack either. Legalization does not address the deeper issues involved with drug abuse. Alcoholism is one of the most common diseases and has destroyed many families. However, legalization is not a bad place to start.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Wed May 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Another reason to end this failed expirement with coddling communists

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Thu May 21, 2020 12:10 am

auroraave wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Purdue Phama (OxyContin) just filed for bankruptcy - over 2500 lawsuits filed against them over now on the opioid epidemic they have supposedly fueled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49711618
They produced too good of a drug I suppose. That's what they are guilty of..? I saved all of mine that weren't needed after operations for times when either I or someone I care for needs a pain killer right now. Many years passed since my last RX of oxycontin and I needed something "right now" for a cracked molar. The pill I saved [that might have been 10 years old] worked like magic and bought me much relief until I could be seen.