Johns OD roster predictions

Hy Feiber

Re: Johns OD roster predictions

Post by Hy Feiber » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:30 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:43 pm
Guys, just be ready. Dipoto is going to bring in 1-2 starting pitchers, and they won't be exciting names. Try not to b**** about it too much, they are just placeholders and insurance for guys like Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Also, Mallex Smith and/or Dee Gordon will probably still be in the roster. It will suck, but it's probably going to happen.
A few places in the Central where Dee Gordon might be utilized....

I'm looking for Dipoto to bolster the starting pitching and move some position players this winter.... Possibilities to look into ......Detroit has no lock for 2nd base moving into 2020. Dee Gordon to Detroit or one of our catchers in some kind of package for Matthew Boyd......

Dee Gordon or an outfield prospect other than Rodriguez and Kellenic to Cleveland for Aaron Civale or Zach Plesac, Dee Gordon to White Sox to hold second awaiting Nick Madigal's debut and to mentor error prone great hitting youngster Tim Anderson at SS....

The White Sox need pitching.... they are about to burst onto the scene as a contender with a great rookie catcher in James McCann, and great rookies in the outfield with Eloy Jiminez and Luis Robert..... The White Sox also could use left hand hitters at either dh or center to balance their attack....Vogelbach ? or Fraley? Who could we target, I'd like to take Dave Dunning, RH prospect who is undergoing Tommy John and won't be available until 2020. Patience would be needed... but I view next season as loading up... the way the White Sox have spent the last two years loading up.... These are just a few thoughts about the trade possibilities in the AL Central... I'd like to hear from other fans about other possiblilites in other divisions... And I hope Dipoto works just as hard this winter as he has in the past ....
McCann’s no rookie, has 5 full seasons.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm

bpj wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Guys, just be ready. Dipoto is going to bring in 1-2 starting pitchers, and they won't be exciting names. Try not to b**** about it too much, they are just placeholders and insurance for guys like Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Also, Mallex Smith and/or Dee Gordon will probably still be in the roster. It will suck, but it's probably going to happen.
And guys like Sheffield and Dunn become placeholders for the next promising player, and so on.

No. There's no excuse for wasting spots on placeholders because guys like Dunn haven't earned anything and likely never will.

Holding a spot for them is just putting off being good for another year.

Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Might as well call them the new Big 3 and see which Big 3 ends up having made more of a contribution.

Maybe it will be different with this Big 3...... Guess we'll know in 5 years.
And here is the b****ing I m talking about. Nobody is giving Dunn and Sheffield a guaranteed spot. Gilbert is the only one I think anyone has penciled in for a sure spot on the roster. Dunn and Sheffield will get their chance next year, but they may need time in the minors, Dunn especially.

Now I'd love to got Cole or Strausberg, but odds are that won't happen, so I'll have hope for the guys that afte actually on the Mariners rather than b****about not signing them for the next 3-4 seasons
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 pm

Hy Feiber wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:30 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
A few places in the Central where Dee Gordon might be utilized....

I'm looking for Dipoto to bolster the starting pitching and move some position players this winter.... Possibilities to look into ......Detroit has no lock for 2nd base moving into 2020. Dee Gordon to Detroit or one of our catchers in some kind of package for Matthew Boyd......

Dee Gordon or an outfield prospect other than Rodriguez and Kellenic to Cleveland for Aaron Civale or Zach Plesac, Dee Gordon to White Sox to hold second awaiting Nick Madigal's debut and to mentor error prone great hitting youngster Tim Anderson at SS....

The White Sox need pitching.... they are about to burst onto the scene as a contender with a great rookie catcher in James McCann, and great rookies in the outfield with Eloy Jiminez and Luis Robert..... The White Sox also could use left hand hitters at either dh or center to balance their attack....Vogelbach ? or Fraley? Who could we target, I'd like to take Dave Dunning, RH prospect who is undergoing Tommy John and won't be available until 2020. Patience would be needed... but I view next season as loading up... the way the White Sox have spent the last two years loading up.... These are just a few thoughts about the trade possibilities in the AL Central... I'd like to hear from other fans about other possiblilites in other divisions... And I hope Dipoto works just as hard this winter as he has in the past ....
McCann’s no rookie, has 5 full seasons.
And will be an FA after this season. Also if the White Sox win 20 more games in 2020 that 2019 in order to become a contender, I will be surprised.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Gilolito turned things around in a big way, so did Moncada, Cease could next season, Kopech should be coming back...

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Good effort by Johns. However, I don't see Mallex, Sheffield and Lewis as "locks".

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:43 pm

My guess is they would like to move Gordon, particularly since he is in the last year of his contract. I think they would lean to keeping Smith, they went after him to be part of the future, I bet they want to give it more time. And there about Seager, liking his veteran leadership, you guys can roll your eyes but i think that is legit. I really can't come up with reasons for why they would try and move him

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:57 pm

They definitely want to move Gordon but he may have taken Seagers place as the untradable one.
dt

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 am

So Dee is cooked, eh? He had 200 hits and 60 steals in '17. Speed must be gone.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:49 am

to the Cubs for James Norwood
Top Target: Is Gordon enough? If so, he could slide into the Chicago Cubs’ lineup in exchange for reliever James Norwood, who could be a healthy add for the Mariners. His MLB time was limited last season, but at 25 he had a solid season with Triple-A Iowa over 45 games.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown ... 71d1f8292a

guess there was talk of the Cubs picking him up at the deadline

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2019/7/8 ... th-chicago

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:58 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm
bpj wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
And guys like Sheffield and Dunn become placeholders for the next promising player, and so on.

No. There's no excuse for wasting spots on placeholders because guys like Dunn haven't earned anything and likely never will.

Holding a spot for them is just putting off being good for another year.

Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Might as well call them the new Big 3 and see which Big 3 ends up having made more of a contribution.

Maybe it will be different with this Big 3...... Guess we'll know in 5 years.
And here is the b****ing I m talking about. Nobody is giving Dunn and Sheffield a guaranteed spot. Gilbert is the only one I think anyone has penciled in for a sure spot on the roster. Dunn and Sheffield will get their chance next year, but they may need time in the minors, Dunn especially.

Now I'd love to got Cole or Strausberg, but odds are that won't happen, so I'll have hope for the guys that afte actually on the Mariners rather than b****about not signing them for the next 3-4 seasons
That's what you dont get, signing some stopgap bum is guaranteeing them a spot by ensuring nobody better is ahead of them.

Stop bitching about people bitching, makes you look like a cunt.